LegacyGT.com

Pulling trigger on '08 OB XT 5spd?

Dr Mitch

Been looking for a (fun) winter car (currently I daily drive a '90 964 C4) and I've found what seems to be a pretty nice '08 OB XT with a manual tranny.

I've been doing some reading on the forums, it's for sale at a used lot and I managed to track down the service history - it's a one owner car (older fellow according to the service manager at a Sub dealer) - all service was performed at same Subie dealership for past 7+ years religiously, new brakes front and rear (pads and rotors) about 10K ago. Only thing that hasn't been done is the timing belt (gulp) - and it's due - so I may try to negotiate that into the price - the price seems low compared to other OB in my area (Canada) - asking 10k and has 97k miles on it - blue with light grey (my favourite colour combo) - so not sure if it's because they know the TB is due and have decreased accordingly, or maybe they don't know what they have?

Gonna take it for a spin tomorrow - will listen carefully, tight circle turning, highway, etc.

Will get a PPI from a mechanic.

Looking for any input on specific test drive things to look or listen for.

Thanks! Wish me luck...

Oh yeah, for timing belt, what is the grocery list of other things to replace at that time? Pulleys, belt, what else?

Archived