LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport Disconnects at WOT

Shogun506

I have an accessport V2 that came with my car. It works perfectly for flashing maps, diagnosing codes etc and while used at idle and low revs. Unfortunately, it loses its connection for a split second any time I go WOT (or any aggressive right footing) which makes it impossible to datalog or do virtual dyno runs. Has anyone heard of this? I'm also not 100% sure it is the accessport because I bought a cheap bluetooth OBD2 adapter for torque which also has a similar problem, making me think it might have something to do with the port itself but I don't see how that could be the case... It definitely is not a loose connection at the OBD port because both devices immediately reconnect when I get off WOT. Any insight?

My V3 sub-03 does the same thing. I sent it back to Cobb under warranty, but they said nothing was wrong. They think something is wrong with my car, but my standard OBDII Bluetooth scanner works perfectly fine.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Definitely interested to see if you try the capacitor. My AP3 SUB-002 does the same thing under certain WOT conditions. Less often in the summer, almost always in the winter.

It's not the cable, as Cobb sent me a replacement and the problem persists. I put a ferrite core on both ends of the OBD cable but that didn't help at all.

Can't remember if I had this problem w/ my AP2 SUB-002. I still have the AP2 but don't feel like unmarrying the AP3, remarrying the AP2 and re-testing.

Archived