LegacyGT.com

AP Tune OTS and mod combination question.

LegaLude

This may be a really easy question to answer, and I want to preface saying I have definitely searched the forums and read many threads, but it is very likely that someone just knows the answer.

If I am running, on my 05 LGT 5MT, only aftermarket up pipe, down pipe, and header, what OTS tune should I be using?

My car was tuned by the previous owner but for certain issues I was forced to buy an AP to discover it had a Cobb tune on it already. This tune blocked certain codes that are necessary to diagnose my problems.

However, I can see that my Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor does not truly exist and has been eliminated from my system. But I am currently on the Stage 1 tune and have been seeing P0546 (I believe) EGT constant value or out of range. Something of the sort.

Does the Stage 2 OTS map accommodate for this modification or do I need to approach this differently?

Thank you and sorry in advance if this is as stupid as I think it is.

• 2 weeks later...

i had this same question about the EGT being disconnected. And i know that on this forum there is no information on HOW to do it, and no pictures. I searched for a couple hours. and don't dare ask because you will get the wrath of the 3000+ post members telling you to search for it, rather than just answering your question! I finally found pictures and instructions on another forum.

So here is what i found out on the other forum: it takes a 2.2k Ohm resistor, (some people know that 2.2k is ohms, others don't) and it should be at least 1/2 amp to last. i ordered ten of these resistors for like $3. on Ebay. i figure i can solder the correct connectors on and maybe even fab up some kind of plug that will be 'plug and play' and solve the problem. I may even post it here when i get it done. i doubt that you need to solder the connections on; you can probably just stuff it in there and tape it. Thats what they were talking about (on the other forum).

Cobb OTS stage 1 tune does not delete any codes. Stage 2 deletes 0546 as well as a bunch of other codes that are thrown when those parts are swapped. You can modify the stage 1 map to get rid of these codes by using Accesstuner Race and opening the tune. Click edit->advanced parameters->uncheck the codes you are getting in error, save the file, flash it to your ECU, boom bang bing

Archived