LegacyGT.com

Need Car Seat Suggestions for the 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Hi,

First time posting here. Just bought a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I feel every bump in the road and it's rattling my whole body frame. I'll ask my mechanic about improving that somehow, if possible. For now, I thought a padded car seat might help. I'm small and the seat is a large, slippery leather seat and I feel that I'm moving around - not a secure feeling. I think I need the cover to have a non-skid back so that it can lay on the smooth leather seat, grip it and not move. Ideally it would be padded with something soft like memory foam and also have a smooth soft cover like velour or something. I don't yet understand from where the side airbags deploy, so I don’t know if that limits my options. A pad that lays just over the seat where my butt and back are, would be fine. (I found one online, but didn’t buy it because it has straps that go around the back of the seat to keep it in place, but that may interfere with side airbags - ? I'm on a budget, but I'll consider higher price range suggestions because this is important. It doesn't have to be custom or look good. It doesn’t have to fit around the whole seat unless that’s my only option. Function is all I care about. Directing me to specific suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks.

I'm not gonna lie... Reading the title alone I was preparing in my brain the different brands of baby car seats that could fit Rear Facing and Forward Facing in the GT... [emoji5]️ My parenthood is showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going from cloth to Spec B to Limited I noticed the leather feels softest. Slipperiness is reduced depending on the type of leather cleaner you use. I noticed Meguires was the slipperiest with turtle wax up next. I can't remember what I used( think it was turtle wax ice interior detail, not the actual leather seat cleaner) but I did come back and wipe the seats down a 2nd time with dry microfiber. There are car seat covers out there that are designed for the side air bag. Try and find the wording in the sale description and call if you can't find it.

Archived