LegacyGT.com

05LGT wagon passenger air bag wire harness

hey everyone, glad to be part of the forum! I recently purchased my 2nd legacy (2000 legacy sedan 1st) now i have a lgt05 limited wagon. its red and all leather all options, 126k. anyways heres my questions.

i went to get the car inspected and it gives me a srs code something like 26 faulty passenger airbag circuit. guy tells me its the over head module and its 200 bucks, im a EE so i was like no way.

diagnostics: turn car on and passenger airbag light on the car Computer functions properly. its yellow and does on and off. now the over head indicator functions with the seat belt light. cool! So i pull that circuit board out, its 6 screws in all super easy.

Now heres the weird part and why im in this year specific section, the circuit board only has the led light and resistor, and a voltage drop diode part populated. as in the passenger airbag indication circuit on the board is not even there... super weird.

(to note when taking this apart i had plastic back out with my screws and no scratches and i had to undo the original foam tape on the wire-harness connection so noone has been up there it looks like.)

so with he board out i was like o shit this is sooo basic, 4 leds in parallel w 500ohm resistors. they all operate at 25ma i tested them at my desk. so i threw in 3 new red lights and the resistors and went to re connect it. but noticed there are 3 wires corresponding to those led lights for the air bag indication.

There is NO wires on ither side of the wire harness for this circuit! my question is, was this model legacy sold with that circuit not even working? bc it also has the same indication lights on the car computer.?

i know there were not too many red wagon manual turbo models made and maybe the guy bought it right when it came out. it was owned first in fl and then in kansas and now in vt.

lemi know what ya thing guys sorry for the bad forum edict if so.

anyone? i talked to the subaru dealership. the tech guys had no clue. im going to them this week bc im not screwing around w that wireharness up in the roof. hopefully they will understand the issue at hand. my question does everyones legacy have 2 passenger airbag indicators? one on the overhead and one on the computer?

I remember there was something about the overhead wiring needing to be soldered back. Another thing is the interior from that year in the car now? 05 is unique to the rest of the 4 gens as the passenger seat bottom is not electrically swappable with the other years.

Archived