LegacyGT.com

Factory Service Manual (Paid & Legit)

Ahh that's probably the problem...only thing I can think would be use a US based proxy or something to be able to use the US site. Or possibly modify the source site in the script to be the Canadian one.

I finally got a copy of the manual downloaded and sorted out. It was quite a learning experience. First, windows XP is old....so, I needed a laptop computer anyway, so it came with windows 10, which I was able to add Google Chrome to. Had alot of trouble until I realized that even though I had the Subaru website in Chrome, the downloader was opening in Edge. Once I figured that out and opened the downloader in Chrome also, the downloading went ok other than some internet issues due to having crummy service provider. It did take every bit of a day and a half to finally get the entire manual saved. I did the table of contents work on the XP computer though. Notepad++ didn't work right on it (took a while to figure that out). I did find plain Notepad on my computer though, and that worked fine to get the TOC done, and it all works. (plain Notepad brought back memories, the typeface reminded of the old Selectric typewriters from school). This project did make me feel old. Computers have gotten complicated since I last did any programming (basic on a Commodore 64). And I'm sure this project was probably super simple by todays standards. But, it's done and I appreciate the help in getting the manual.

• 2 months later...

So I'm trying to download the FSM for a 2015 Outback and it says 0 Files

Im on a mac running Chrome

Tried it on safari

Below is the only code i get:

Please help : my 36 hours started at 12:30 am

<html>

<head>

<title>Diagnostics</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"

content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<style>

iframe,frame{

border-style: none;

}

#headFrame {

display: none;

}

</style>

</head>

<frameset rows="125,0,1*" frameborder="no" frameborder="0" border="0"

framespacing="0" style="border-style: none;">

<frame name="searchFrame" scrolling="no" noresize frameborder="no"

src="/diagnostics/searchFrame.do?itemKey=122883" />

<frame name="headFrame" scrolling="no" noresize

src="contents/blank.html" frameborder="no">

<frame name="bodyFrame" scrolling="yes" frameborder="no"

src="contents/head.html">

</frameset>

<noframes>

<body bgcolor="#9999CB">

</body>

</noframes>

</html>

• 5 months later...

Update: the script still works as of today.

I wasn't able to access the topic on NASIOC forum, maybe it got removed or something. In case forums ban for links like that, not going to post it, but: type "idako manual download" in Google, the very first result (a GitHub repo) is yours.

Also, I came across a couple issues (nothing serious) and updated the script with instructions. Hopefully the author of original script accepts the changes.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Subscribing for later.

Can someone break this down for illiterates like me?

So if I understand correctly, the proper way to get the FSM is to pay for a 36 hour subscription to the Subaru tech site, and then run the script?

How is that done? Do you just save the .html file and then double click it when you are logged on to the Subaru tech site?

Archived