LegacyGT.com

Outback 3.0R Too Comfortable?

Hi all,

I have my 2005 Outback 3.0R for 6 months now. I installed Konis and Legacy GT springs, white line swaybar, endlink, LCA & URCA bushings for my desired daily driving. My current issue is that I drive 70 miles roundtrip to work. I keep falling asleep driving back after work. To give you an idea, I had a 1994 miata with pretty stiff suspension for 2 years while I was in college. KYB AGX adjustables and FM springs. The miata is a manual and the outback is 5EAT. I believe my outback has gotten too comfortable...Anyone else has this problem?

Hi all,

I have my 2005 Outback 3.0R for 6 months now. I installed Konis and Legacy GT springs, white line swaybar, endlink, LCA & URCA bushings for my desired daily driving. My current issue is that I drive 70 miles roundtrip to work. I keep falling asleep driving back after work. To give you an idea, I had a 1994 miata with pretty stiff suspension for 2 years while I was in college. KYB AGX adjustables and FM springs. The miata is a manual and the outback is 5EAT. I believe my outback has gotten too comfortable...Anyone else has this problem?

Is it because your Miata was a manual transmission, and the 3.0R is not? I've had my 3.0R for 1.5 years now, and it is definetly a smooth, effortless vehicle to drive. How does the commute to work feel? I have a 400 mile camping trip coming up this weekend, and it will probably feel like a 200 mile trip. :rolleyes:

I had the same problem, but it was more diet related....

1) Eat less carbs at lunch, and low/no carbs for snacks after lunch. Stock up on beef jerky, and try it for your post lunch snacks for a couple weeks.

2) Listen to comedy podcasts. No one falls asleep laughing. Or something that intensely interests you.

But back to Subaru's:

3) toe out the rear's like a motha and you'll be chasing your tail all the way home. j/k

You have Koni's! Crank up the Koni's stiffness, and inflate (stiffen) the tires to max tire manufacture pressure. That'll be more like the miata (I had a 93).

I have Konis too, and I know what you mean. Before the Konis, I had really old shocks with one blown rear. I was always alert, because I had no idea what that bish was going to do over minor and major bumps and woops. Like riding a horse that every once in awhile realized you were on it's back and freaked out! Heee Yah!

Archived