LegacyGT.com

Recall for Rear Door Handles

Went to get my trip computer replaced as it had shorted (which apparently is a common problem according to the mechanic) and they said that there had been a recall on the rear door handles, as apparently if subjected to high temperatures , the rear doors could open by themselves. Was just wondering if anyone else had been told about this ,or if it was just an australian thing?

No, Japan as well - I was sent a postcard from Subaru Japan (couldn't understand a word of it) - but it only takes about 30mins to fix. Probably stick the car in next week and order up a twin din face plate at the same time.

']The problem is everywhere' date=' except on cars manufactured as SIA (see http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/Foreign%20Campaigns/2005/F-Campaigns/FRCL-05F055-2782.PDF).

OH NO!!! JON....!!!

Please don't turn this place into NASIOC. You have good info but you can be an ASS sometimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't understand what "cars manufactured as SIA" meant, so I looked at the linked notice, and to clarify, vehicles manufactured in the USA are not affected.

Archived