LegacyGT.com

Diagnosing Boost Leak (AP)

Alright so I've read over most of the boost leak posts on this site, but I wanted to diagnose my own problem based on my own car, which I could not do based on the the other posts.

I have an 05 LGT 5eat with a GS Catless Uppipe and a GS Crosspipe. About a week ago I installed the Cobb AP and flashed it to Stage 1 91. Of course the car started running a ton better. It was at that point that I started monitoring the A/F Learning Values. I'm not extremely mechanically inclined or technically (as far as cars), but I did read that if your car was adding fuel under vacuum that you had a boost leak. Well my A/F Learning 1 and A are both running 10%+ values often to 14% and is often adding fuel under vacuum. Even with those values though (and from what I understand is still possible) I was getting up to about 14.84psi while flooring it on the interstate which is +/- .8psi from 15 which is Cobbs target boost at Stage 1.

Anyway, I've checked all the hoses and done all the DIY boost leak checks that I've found, short of doing a smoke test. I just didn't want to go in for nothing though if all this was normal and I was just reading the wrong information.

Thanks for your troubles.

Hvae you checked your tmic for leak? That was my issue. I had a hole in my oem tmic and swapped it out then did the MAF senor cleaning and ended up swapping to a new one and my numbers dropped. Check the Blue T under the TMIC as well because it could be lose.

Archived