LegacyGT.com

Torco Accelerator

GrasshopperLGT

Product:

http://torcoracefuel.net/pro-accelerator.html

I only fill up on 93. So adding +4 octane making 97 ok? Or would it be a must with a tune??

Car: 2005 LGT completely stock w/ 109k miles.

The why? Well my uncle runs the stuff in his Raptor w/ around 800+ hp. He uses it for the extra octane and less prone to knock. Runs better and happier.

I figured this:

1 oz. of Torco is $0.05

Every 5 gal of gas = $4.01 of Torco or every 1gal gas = $0.80 Torco

So tank of gas roughly 15 gal = 24oz Torco / $12.03 extra.

I don't know if it is worth it or not. I fill up almost every other week but say I fill up every week then it is only costing $12.03 extra a week.

But can I run Torco at a +4 octane = 97 total and be ok or would there have to be a tune? (It's early and I hope that all made sense)

You'd more then likely need a tune. The GTs are tuned for gas between 91 to 93. But you arnt going to get any significant gains from it a stock setup with just race gas.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

I recently used the NOS version of that to correct a knock I was having using launch control and flat foot shifting while running down the drag strip. I got tuned for 91 octane, and the stuff actually did work. I almost couldn't believe it, but I was logging with my access port, and the numbers don't lie. If you're not seeing any knock to begin with, it's a waste of money, and with a stock tune running on 91 or higher octane fuel, I would suspect that you are not seeing enough knock to justify the cost. I have read about the MMT causing deposits on the spark plugs or injectors (can't remember which), so be aware of that if you're using the additive a lot. From what I've read, the Torco Accelerator and the NOS Octane Booster Racing Formula are the only "Octane Boosters" that actually do work.

Archived