LegacyGT.com

Issues with 06 legacy

w.yocum

I have a 06 legacy 2.5i that I am having issues with stuttering. My car stutters when it is just idoling and right when I take my foot off the brake and apply some gas. Also the engine light came on and cruise started flashing. Then I was driving came to a complete stop and went to go and had nothing car just idoled. I replaced the throttle body sensor and just put in a new gas pedal assembly. Car still stutters. Does anyone have any other ideas what it could be. Thanks

When the check engine light came on, did you check to see what the diagnostic trouble codes were? If so, what codes did you see? For example, P0301, which would be a misfire in cylinder 1.

I might look into this more later on, but a few years ago I remember reading a few posts saying that a dirty connector for the gas pedal can cause issues. I'd disconnect the plug that connects to the gas pedal, and see if there's any dirt or corrosion inside there.

I'm thinking that you might have two separate issues going on. The thread below goes into more detail on the throttle issue. I'm thinking that issue should hopefully be fixed now that you replaced the pedal assembly.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/24906-code-p2138-throttle-position-sensor.html

As far as the misfire in cylinder 2, I'm thinking that could be from something else. Part of me does think yes, it is possible the maf sensor is no good. But I'm just a fellow subaru owner speaking from experience with my legacy, and things I've read on various subaru message boards. MAF sensors aren't cheap, I would hate to see you buy a new one, and have it not fix your problem.

How many miles are on your spark plugs and spark plug wires?

Archived