LegacyGT.com

CNDNSD - 2007 GT Si-Cruise BP5

I see what you are talking about now with the power and data sides.

I wonder if there is an app out there that kinda mirrors a cell phone onto a tablet over WiFi or Bluetooth? Probably not, I would assume (hardware probably doesn't support it)

This does help! I want to get started on this project soon. So I may be back for more help :)

I've had these lying around a little while, finally got them installed this weekend. I manged to get by with just removing one of the pins holding the splash guard up and peeling that back enough to get one hand in behind the light fitting and remove/replace the bulb. Bit of blind fiddling, but not too bad.

http://i.imgur.com/WfpigYnl.jpg

9006 HB4 50W

They are from Aliexpress (US$14)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/50W-High-power-super-bright-car-light-9006-HB4-socket-LED-fog-lamps-7-colors/32349802761.html

Here's a pic with one in:

http://i.imgur.com/trzXakwl.jpg

And with both done:

http://i.imgur.com/mJGOsCVl.jpg

Much better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The radar used for the adaptive cruise control (Si-Cruise) is built in to the grill. This is why some sites selling replacement grills mention "not suitable for si-cruise" "NOT for SI cruise" etc...

http://i.imgur.com/TJj1LIdl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jQvVyd9l.jpg

"The lidar mounted inside the front grille detects the tracking distance and the difference in driving speed between the drivers car and the car ahead. This system, by optimally controlling equipment such as the engine, transmission and brakes, maintains a precise tracking (following) distance. The speed range controllable under this sytem is wider than that of conventional Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), covering from approximately 0km/h to 100km/h.

When the car is moving at a low speed due to a traffic jam, etc., it automatically accelerates and decelerates in synch with the movement of the car ahead until it comes to a complete stop, thereby reducing the burden on drivers of having to constantly adjust and control the cars speed."

"Lidar (also written LIDAR, LiDAR or LADAR) is a surveying technology that measures distance by illuminating a target with a laser light. Although thought by some to be an acronym of Light Detection And Ranging, the term lidar was actually created as a portmanteau of "light" and "radar"."

• 1 month later...

http://i.imgur.com/BS4Jm5Mm.jpg

• Oil & filter - full synthetic 5W30
  • Air Filter
  • Cabin Filter
  • Subaru upper engine cleaner

click for album...

http://i.imgur.com/WXHi4FAl.jpg

(park away from the house when running the upper engine cleaner through :))

click for album...

http://i.imgur.com/RNfOvZwl.jpg

(looks like the previously used cabin filter wasn't quite the right fit, the new item fits tight under the clips)

• 5 months later...

Nexus 7 update ... got a deal on a 2013 version which I'm getting ready to replace the 2012 version with.

To start with (just adding this here so I've got the info for the future, and for anyone else out there who may want to know) I've set the tablet to auto-boot when plugged in ... IF THE TABLET IS OFF! No need to access that power button or wire in a switch.

You just need to change the "off-mode-charge" value to 0 using "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0"

1. Restart the tablet into bootloader/fastboot mode...

adb reboot bootloader

2. show current variables...

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader)  version-bootloader: FLO-04.08
(bootloader)  version-baseband: none
(bootloader)  version-hardware: rev_e
(bootloader)  version-cdma: N/A
(bootloader)  variant: flo 16G
(bootloader)  serialno: ********
(bootloader)  product: flo
(bootloader)  secure_boot: enabled
(bootloader)  lock_state: unlocked
(bootloader)  project: flo
[b](bootloader)  off-mode-charge: yes[/b]
(bootloader)  uart-on: no
(bootloader)  partition-type:bootloader: emmc
(bootloader)  partition-size:bootloader: 0x0000000000aee000
(bootloader)  partition-type:recovery: emmc
(bootloader)  partition-size:recovery: 0x0000000000a00000
(bootloader)  partition-type:boot: emmc
(bootloader)  partition-size:boot: 0x0000000001000000
(bootloader)  partition-type:system: ext4
(bootloader)  partition-size:system: 0x0000000034800000
(bootloader)  partition-type:cache: ext4
(bootloader)  partition-size:cache: 0x0000000023000000
(bootloader)  partition-type:userdata: ext4
(bootloader)  partition-size:userdata: 0x000000031b3fbe00
all:
finished. total time: 0.031s

^^^ notice "off-mode-charge: yes" we want this to be "no"

3. Change the value of "off-mode-charge" to "0"

fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0
(bootloader) off-mode-charge will be disabled after rebooting...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s

4. Reboot.

Done! Now if the tablet is off and you attach power, it'll turn on automatically.

Now that the tablet can turn on automatically when it detects power, I can create a tasker profile that will turn off the tablet when the battery reaches a certain %.

! Something to keep in mind, you don't want to get stuck in a shutdown loop where the tasker profile is shutting down the tablet if the battery is at x%, then when it turns back on, the battery is still below x% so will initiate the tasker profile again and shutdown the tablet, loop, loop. I've used a variable which gets checked and set to make sure it doesn't get stuck in a shutdown loop.

Create 2 tasker tasks

1. Battery < 40% (battery falls below 40%)

If %ShouldShutdown eq 1 Then do below

- Set variable $ShouldShutdown to 0

- Wait 5 minutes (just in case stuck in shutdown loop, I get 5 mins to go into Tasker and disable the profile)

- Reboot (with config set to Shutdown)

End If

2. Battery > 40% (battery above 40%)

Set variable $ShouldShutdown to 1

Create Tasker profile

Battery Level

State | Battery Level | min 40, max 40

Assign entry task to be 'Battery < 40%'

Assign exit task to be 'Battery > 40%'

~~~

So, the car is parked up for a week and the battery falls below 40% which kicks off the 'Battery < 40%' task which checks the variable %ShouldShutdown. If this variable is '1' then it sets the variable to 0, waits 5 mins, and shuts down the tablet.

A few days later the car is turned on, and because the setting "off-mode-charge" has been changed to "0" (see previous post) it'll automatically turn on the tablet. The battery is now at say 38%, this is below 40% so the task 'Battery < 40%' runs, but because the %ShouldShutdown variable was set to 0 before shutting down, the shutdown command doesn't run.

The tablet charges and the level exceeds 40%, so the exit task for the 'Battery Level' profile is kicked off, which sets the %ShouldShutdown variable back to 1. Now if it falls below 40% again, it'll shut down.

~~

Just thought of perhaps a simpler way...

Create Tasker profile

Battery Level

State | Battery Level | min 40, max 40

AND

State | Power | Power | Source 'Any' (Inverted)

Assign entry task to be 'Battery < 40%'

So, if the car is off (which means power source is not any) and battery falls below 40% then it'll kick off the 'Battery < 40%' task and shutdown the tablet. When power is plugged back in, it'll turn on, with the battery level below 40% still (as it charges) but the tasker profile won't run because there IS a power source.

Nice score. New or from trademe or something?

Mine cost bugger all after amazon refunded the tax I originally paid on it.

Suprised noones come across that little tweak earlier.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Nice score. New or from trademe or something?

Mine cost bugger all after amazon refunded the tax I originally paid on it.

Suprised noones come across that little tweak earlier.

Yeah Trademe, the 2013 version is so much better to work with compared to the 2012 version.

I found that auto-on setting while hunting through some forums about nexus 7 car setups. It's perfect.

A couple of other apps I don't see that often that I think are great are:

Mate how'd you get Amazon to refund you the tax, nice one!

• 2 weeks later...
In your setup is the stock head unit only used for playing cd's?

Nope, the stock head unit still functions as originally for Radio and CDs, and now also taking the AUX input from the tablet and playing whatever noise that's generating (music, announcements, navigation etc). It can only be one of those inputs though, if using the Radio or CD, then none of the tablet sounds will play.

I've looked into this and it's possible to setup an auto-switching selector depending on a signal being sent. For example, the head unit is set to CD, then the tablet plays an announcement which triggers a relay to switch the inputs in the head unit to AUX. Not sure if it'd be quick enough to catch the output from the tablet and it all seems like way too much hassle, hah; but I think in theory...it could work?

Yeah Trademe, the 2013 version is so much better to work with compared to the 2012 version.

I found that auto-on setting while hunting through some forums about nexus 7 car setups. It's perfect.

A couple of other apps I don't see that often that I think are great are:

Mate how'd you get Amazon to refund you the tax, nice one!

Oh.... thanks for your recommendation. I've just installed Media Utilities on my old brick Blackberry witt apk file (for who need: http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.batescorp.notificationmediacontrols.alpha.apk)

Great experience. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
nice work bro. whats the stock stereo like? i know some models have the mcintosh, and hdd i take it this doesnt?

Also, whats the si cruise like - worth it? thinking about chopping the commy for one.

si-cruise is awesome ay, I use it all the time. Weird at first getting used to it braking for you.

The stock stereo isn't fantastic. I'd try and find a McIntosh one (friend has one and it sounds tons better).

• 1 month later...

In case anyone was wondering (I was), it is possible to set up an android device (Nexus 7 tablet) to auto-connect to an iPhone for data.

The devices will make a bluetooth connection but I'd have to go into the bluetooth settings on the android tablet every time and choose 'internet sharing' in order to get data via the iPhone.

I used this app on the android tablet, Bluetooth Auto Connect, to set this automatically: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect&hl=en

Turn on 'personal hotspot' on the iPhone

Turn on bluetooth on the iPhone

Turn on bluetooth on the android tablet

Set up Bluetooth Auto Connect on the android tablet (enable networking for the connection).

Now every time the iPhone and the android tablet connect via bluetooth, it also turns on the internet sharing part and the android tablet can use the iphone's data connection.

Archived