LegacyGT.com

perfect koni settings? (with eibach)

yonith

I have an 08 LGT with stock springs and shocks with 120k miles. The ride is definitely getting bouncy and annoying. I recently purchased Eibach springs and am leaning towards the Koni shocks. There are tons of people who said they love their Konis, but few mentioned how much they adjusted them. I guess this is kind of subjective since people will prefer different settings, but I'm looking for something that feels sporty but still has a decent amount of comfort. I'm not familiar with working on cars and would probably get this installed at a shop. Ideally I could just tell them to adjust the settings a quarter turn or something like that, so it's done and i don't have to worry about it.

Maybe I should just get the KYB and not have to worry about adjusting?

All shocks vary some from the factory unless you have a builder make them even on a dyno, so one person's adjustment amount will be different from another's by alittle. you should get konis, and run them in the middle setting, then adjust down or up by small amounts till you are content, and stay away from the extreme soft or hard settings because the adjuster make very large changes with very small moves when you get on the limits of adjustment.

dont get KYBs, they are not meant for stiffer lower springs. only use them for stock replacements with stock springs.

I have Koni's on Tein H-Techs. I found a recommendation somewhere on here for Koni's with the Eibach/Epics to use 1 turn towards firm from full soft. I ran that for about two weeks. Did not feel like a lowered car at all (which honestly disappointed me a little). I didn't need to slow or lift for metal construction plates, and started purposely driving over the choppiest pavement i could find on my commute, because it was so impressively composed. Then added a 1/2 turn more towards firm, front and rear. Loving it. Car finally feels "sporty", still soaks up the bumps, has very very little brake dive, no power squat. And that extra half turn feels almost like I stiffened the sway bars front and rear. I'm still on 55 series tires, so we'll see if I back it off when I get 18s. I doubt it. I think it feels very European.

It's very easy to adjust them in front, and just as easy in the rear if you make a flap or hole. See my build thread for my hack on the rear interior. You could very easily make it look cleaner than I did.

I bought mine used with about 22k miles on them, so YMMV.

Another thing I read, but can't quote the source, is don't run them full soft or full hard. Stay off the limiters.

In review: get the Koni's, set them at 1 turn towards firm from full soft both front and rear. Drive, and adjust to your liking.

I have Koni's on Tein H-Techs. I found a recommendation somewhere on here for Koni's with the Eibach/Epics to use 1 turn towards firm from full soft. I ran that for about two weeks. Did not feel like a lowered car at all (which honestly disappointed me a little). I didn't need to slow or lift for metal construction plates, and started purposely driving over the choppiest pavement i could find on my commute, because it was so impressively composed. Then added a 1/2 turn more towards firm, front and rear. Loving it. Car finally feels "sporty", still soaks up the bumps, has very very little brake dive, no power squat. And that extra half turn feels almost like I stiffened the sway bars front and rear. I'm still on 55 series tires, so we'll see if I back it off when I get 18s. I doubt it. I think it feels very European.

It's very easy to adjust them in front, and just as easy in the rear if you make a flap or hole. See my build thread for my hack on the rear interior. You could very easily make it look cleaner than I did.

I bought mine used with about 22k miles on them, so YMMV.

Another thing I read, but can't quote the source, is don't run them full soft or full hard. Stay off the limiters.

In review: get the Koni's, set them at 1 turn towards firm from full soft both front and rear. Drive, and adjust to your liking.

This was exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Thank you!

I just heard back from my vendor and apparently they just order the parts from Eibach, so they won't be able to get a discontinued part. Darn! Looks like I might just have to go with the next best which seems to be the Tein H-Techs.

Search for Epic springs. These are a reman of the Eibachs. They may be hard to get too though. Try Infamous Performance and Tuning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've got Koni's with the H tech springs on my wagon. The ride is nearly stock like when full soft and definitely sporty if you turn it to full stiff. I've had friends comment on just how nice the car rides on a 6 hr road trip. I'll likely buy some h&r Springs in the future but for now I'm happy.

Archived