LegacyGT.com

turbo advice needed

Ive decided to go with the vf52 based on everyones input. I know its gonna need a tune what I need to know is what cc injector upgrade I should purchase and I will need a fuel pump upgrade I. is there a certain thing I should be looking for as far as the fuel pump. this is where im clueless a model number or brand would be an awesome start. unfortunately jmp doesn't have any cores and my turbo is destroyed and cant be rebuilt so vf52 it is. if you can I need noob info what cc injector and what size fuel filter brand model # ect.

Ive decided to go with the vf52 based on everyones input. I know its gonna need a tune what I need to know is what cc injector upgrade I should purchase and I will need a fuel pump upgrade I. is there a certain thing I should be looking for as far as the fuel pump. this is where im clueless a model number or brand would be an awesome start. unfortunately jmp doesn't have any cores and my turbo is destroyed and cant be rebuilt so vf52 it is. if you can I need noob info what cc injector and what size fuel filter brand model # ect

For fuel pump I believe walbro will be the cheapest, but deatschwerks makes one too that's pretty good. For injectors, depending on if you plan to run e85 or not, I would go with 850cc. If you do plan to run the higher octane, maybe 1000cc? Others may chime in that know better from experience.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Close. ^ Mona Lisa has it right above. DW 65C is the one you want.

740 or 850 injectors. If you go to 1000, the Injector Dynamics injectors are nice.

I run nothing but premium 92 93 octane gas

That's the minimum or what is locally available? I'd totally like to run E85 if it was close to me. My DD has a kit available where it uses a Regal sensor to measure the ethanol content in the fuel so I'm not stuck running a straight tune for either E85 or 93. Wonder if similar fuel sensors could be used on the leggy? The content up here is up to 15% on the pumps.

• 4 weeks later...
hey I have a ? for anybody that can answer. I just upgraded my turbo to a vf52, I also put 850cc injectors and a dw65c fuel pump on the car. after I installed the turbo and the injectors we started the car and codes said it was running rich. we new that would happen going from stock to 850cc. after we installed the fuel pump the car wont start at all. I'm assuming that's from having such large injectors and now the bigger pump. does anybody have a map for my cobb v3 that may work to get my car to start? tune is scheduled for wed but I would like to avoid having to tow it there.

You can run a vf52 with stock injectors and fuel pump from what I've read and still be fine, you just won't reap all the benefits, or get the most out of the turbo. I'm just gonna swap the turbo out if I don't get mine rebuilt and have bren étune it for me until I'm ready to do injectors and pump

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

yea we got it running dude I had the gas lines on backwards in the reserve tank. I took the lines off on the driver side back seat thinking the pump was there pulled it all out and it was only the float so I put it back together. when I did that I'm guessing the fuel feed running from that tank to the one under the passenger rear needs pressure. since I put them on the wrong feed the car wouldn't pull gas and the engine wouldn't start. we didn't figure that out until after we put the base map on and started going backwards looking at what we took apart. just as a what the hell lets try it we switched those connections and bam car started right up lol noob move...

yea we got it running dude I had the gas lines on backwards in the reserve tank. I took the lines off on the driver side back seat thinking the pump was there pulled it all out and it was only the float so I put it back together. when I did that I'm guessing the fuel feed running from that tank to the one under the passenger rear needs pressure. since I put them on the wrong feed the car wouldn't pull gas and the engine wouldn't start. we didn't figure that out until after we put the base map on and started going backwards looking at what we took apart. just as a what the hell lets try it we switched those connections and bam car started right up lol noob move...

Glad to hear it was a simple fix!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived