LegacyGT.com

Suspension question

Now I know there's a TON of write ups on suspension for our 2nd Gen's but they all get me just a little confused. No straight forward answers. I found a local that has a set of KYB struts with WRX springs off an 02. Will these bolt straight up or will I have to use my top hats on the WRK struts? Every article or write up I've seen says something about being able to use 02-07 wrx struts but then it jumps into a whole lot of BD/BG/GC lingo that I'm not familiar with and I just end up reading through all confused.

So I'm just looking for a straight forward answer, Will 2002 WRX struts and springs bolt right up to my 1995 Legacy L?

they will drop right in. the issue with the top hats is that the legacy top hats dont fit the other springs, but if you have the full assembly it will fit right in to our legacy towers. i had a set of 06 sti struts and springs (and the sti top hats) on my wagon at one point, the only fitment issue i had was the front struts dont bolt up exactly at the spindle. one hole has to be modified to make it work, or you have to get the hub from that sti.

Archived