LegacyGT.com

Bubbling when car shuts off

Hey all. Lately I have been getting a bubbling sounds in my 05 2.5i after shutting off the car. It lasts for a few seconds and stops but happens every time I shut the car off. Sounds like it's coming from behind the dash towards the middle-ish section. Anyone have any hints at what this could be?

Could it be related to the not-constant AC issues I've been experiencing? The AC has a tendency to not blow the same temperature consistently. It will start off cold and get a bit warmer and fluctuates from time to time while it's running. Could these be related? Any tips on what to check?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You'll need to remove the glove box and the right side plastics of the center console. It's a PITA to do, but it's doable. It's right behind the radio console on the passenger side.

After a year now, I found that it's doing it again. I may just replace the actuator it self to see if that fixes it. Maybe the actuator is dying and I just bought it some time. Just a thought.

My wife's balls are delicious.

You'll need to remove the glove box and the right side plastics of the center console. It's a PITA to do, but it's doable. It's right behind the radio console on the passenger side.

After a year now, I found that it's doing it again. I may just replace the actuator it self to see if that fixes it. Maybe the actuator is dying and I just bought it some time. Just a thought.

Maybe I'll just do that. Have you happened to look for a part number for the actuator yet? If not no biggie. I will check later. But I might just go that route too.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha I have been hearing this sound for a few months now. I thought it had to do with the turbo or something (new to turbo cars).

My friend laughed at me. We then guessed it had something to do with the AC vents and such. Looks like we were correct after all.

Archived