LegacyGT.com

Backfire and LV

Dujo

So, I've been getting a bit of backfire after going wide open throttle (usually in 1st or 2nd gear) and then lifting. Occasionally, it also happens at random times such as in reverse or just after getting the car moving forward. I think that what that means is that I am going rich and the extra unburnt fuel is going into the exhaust, which is also very hot and then igniting somewhere in the exhaust piping. What that says to me is that I've got a boost leak somewhere which means that I'm losing a bit of metered air in moderately high boost situations. Here's my learning view, which looks like it is pulling timing in high rpm places, which I think supports what I'm saying. That said, I'm not really sure. Am I on the right track? Also note that I cannot do any WOT pulls for logging right now as my clutch is toast. Not due to be replaced until August 3rd though. Just hoping this is something I can diagnose and fix in the driveway. Thanks!!!

890902311_LearningView_SS_7-20-2015104342AM.jpg.d3c87e004a222b13d596fd27b962858e.jpg

I think you mean 'afterfire'. But yeah, your reasoning sounds fine to me. fuel trim C is almost pegged; min/max they can get is +/-15%. It is pulling a lot of fuel right now. So you definitely have to check for boost leak. Take a look at your tmic, throttle body hose. And yeah, definitely do not go WOT at this time until you get this sorted out.

Archived