LegacyGT.com

USDM Spec B suspension

rfd425

For those of us who might consider retrofitting the USDM Spec B Bilstein suspension, what are the ramifications of the fact that the Spec B comes with 215/45/18 tires? Since those tires are a full inch taller (or a half-inch radius larger) than the regular 215/45/17 tires on the standard LGT, will the suspension parts fit properly? Excuse my ignorance.

I'm running an imported set of Spec B Bilsteins, STi Pink springs, and Spec B wheels with 215/45/18 RE050s on a USDM LGT. No problems at all with fitment. Only ramification is that the speedo is probably reading about 5% off now. I've heard the dealer can correct this by reflashing the instrument cluster ECU.

"No problems at all with fitment"

I'm really confused. I want to run a 215/50-17 on the stock rims. According to Xenok "25.5" might give you a clearance issue with the tire rubbing against the stock spring perch because the tire might be too tall." The Tirerack also says I can't run a 215/50-17.

Are they mistaken? I calculate a 215/45/18, which KGreb is running, to have an overall diameter of 25.62 inches and a 215/50-17 to have an overall diameter of 25.46 inches. Is there a significant difference with the: Spec B Bilsteins, STi Pink springs, and Spec B wheels setup that avoids any fitment issues?

All I know is that I have run two different suspension setups with the 215-45-18's and experienced no rubbing or other issues:

- Spec B Bilsteins with Spec B springs (1/4" lower than USDM stock ride height)

- Same as above but Pinks (3/4" lower than USDM stock ride height)

I never ran this wheel/tire combo with the stock suspension. Given the similar ride height of the all Spec B setup, I'd suspect 215-45-18 would work ok with stock suspension.

Archived