LegacyGT.com

Does lowering a car reduce tread life?

mmm def

If all you were doing was fast cornering then giving yourself a negative camber would actually extend your tire life. Driving in a straight line most of the time would cause the inside edge of the tire to wear more than the outside edge due to the tilt. Typically when you lower your car you get more of a / \ type tilt. Durring hard cornering the inside tire makes more contact with the road and improves grip.

There are camber kits you can install that can help reduce tire wear. It is an extra expense that many people don't invest in since Z rated tires are soft enough that they wear out after 2 years anyway. Having a negative camber just causes them to wear faster, but they will still usually last you a couple years before you have problems.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Not in my neighborhood... I wouldn't be able to get onto my street if my car was lower than it already is. I've got friends who have to park half a block away and walk because their cars can't clear the death dip at the front of my street.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

My guess is yes because I will be driving a lot harder and taking turns faster. However if I kept the same driving style as now and got a proper alignment, I assume the wear would be pretty much the same.

Correct. I plan to use the crap out of my RE750s again once I get some coilovers on this thing. :D

There are camber kits you can install that can help reduce tire wear. It is an extra expense that many people don't invest in since Z rated tires are soft enough that they wear out after 2 years anyway. Having a negative camber just causes them to wear faster, but they will still usually last you a couple years before you have problems.

Do you know of a camber kit for the Legacy?

thats if ur lower alot and the camber is off the wheels would face like this \ / as opposed to the normal l l

that's why you align it

after install springs

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived