LegacyGT.com

Cold Air Intake or Short Ram Intake ?

Hello all , I currently have a 2000 Subaru Legacy Brighton 2.5L 5Spd , & I was wondering what would be better for performance . I was looking at a AEM short ram but it was for a outback and was a pretty good price not to mention , but there's always that saying .. " you get what you pay for " anyways in the picture below I've included a picture under my hood . Any additional advice on what to change out and what company / intake would be best to improve my monster will be more then appreciated . Thank you

- JaQuan

image.thumb.jpg.375d4fe24b6091a0386141d1e10ed8c1.jpg

I am considering the SRI for my old legacy. definitely putting the cat back straight pipe since there is no sensor. I might just drill a couple holes in my airbox on the inside under the filter lol, to purposely run the engine compartment air...i believe lower engine temps means longer life when rallying.....i think my adjustable fuel reg will add more performance than the SRI by allowing me to run lean. Also the cherry bomb and lack of second cat will probably result in 35+ mpg. at that point i will consider myself happy!

I am planning to do minor power mods then increase the tire sidewall height about an inch for a little po' mans overdrive. this will take some from accel but will be the same as stock with my mods with better road feel and better mpg.

Hello all , I currently have a 2000 Subaru Legacy Brighton 2.5L 5Spd , & I was wondering what would be better for performance . I was looking at a AEM short ram but it was for a outback and was a pretty good price not to mention , but there's always that saying .. " you get what you pay for " anyways in the picture below I've included a picture under my hood . Any additional advice on what to change out and what company / intake would be best to improve my monster will be more then appreciated . Thank you

- JaQuan

you do know that that large black box up there has the oem filter in it right? So you added a second filter to your intake system.

Archived