LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Head Unit AC Controls

Stryder

Hey, I recently finished the audio in my 2000 Subaru Legacy L, amp, speakers, and head unit. I was going to add a sub, but decided I want a new car. I'm looking at buying an '05 Legacy GT in the spring or summer next year. However, I really don't want to deal with the stock head unit. Now, before I continue, I have read the stickied post on the HVAC double din head unit. My question is, if I do end up getting one with the automatic climate control, if I just swapped in the regular Scosche head unit bracket in, could I still maintain ANY AC control? I could care less about automatic climate controls, I roll with the window down 3/4 the time outside of winter. Would I at least be able to turn my AC temperature up/down, and change the speed of it?

ACC has no purpose for me, I'd rather ditch it all together for a good double-din head unit so I can do a good system in my car, and just keep the stock head unit packed away for whenever I decide to sell it.

• 3 weeks later...

Technically you CAN put in the Scosche bracket and the HVAC still work. You just wont have any control of it at all. The brains of it are self contained, the controls in the radio are just an interface. You could even get fancy and pull the HVAC control plug under the dash and plug the OEM head unit in when you want to change things (between season or whatever).

Not that I recommend that at all, it's just an option that could work.

• 1 month later...

Archived