LegacyGT.com

2000 bh/gt

hoping i have this in the correct section. i have a 2000 legacy gt wagon, 175,xxx miles that i purchased about a month ago. its my first subaru, so forgive me as i'm a bit of a noob to them. head gasket and clutch were done about 50k miles ago, so i know it will be due for them again in the future. i have already had a few issues with it.

issue 1) i went for a drive about two weeks after having the car on a pretty good turny (is that a word?) and hilly road (route 26 out of marietta, ohio for anyone who may know), when i noticed that taking some turns, the temp would raise to max and then would fall back to normal on straights. it would do the same after climbing a hill, and then id let it coast in neutral and it would fall back to normal temps. after i got out of the hills and back on to the road that followed the ohio river that stayed flat, everything was fine.

issue 2) yesterday going about 60 mph, i noticed a slight shake in the steering wheel that gets worse the faster i go, and when i turn to the right at these speeds (interstate type turns, not tight) there is a noise that i can't really describe. its like a grinding/thumping sound. i pulled over and checked everything out, didn't see anything odd, so i went on my way and it never happened again. then today it happened in the same stretch of road, the exact same thing happened. except this time i've noticed it a few other times away from where i originally noticed it. everything seems to be tight, but i haven't had a chance to lift it and check everything out.

any help as to what could be causing these issues would be great and much appreciated!

Archived