LegacyGT.com

bermo's build

Sorry for the delay, with the family vacation and water heater-fiasco-turned-back-room-remodel, my motor project was put on the back burner.

Married life.

Oh yeah and shoulder surgery on Monday is gonna set me back a bit also. Ugh.

Any word on the heads?

My heads ended up fine, although Resters heads would've been fun I just cant justify built heads at this point.

Block has been honed out (w/ torque plate) with .0024 - .0026 PTW clearance to the Mahle 4032 pistons. I had to fab up a plate for the case halve to bolt to for the hone machine. And boy did the cylinders move when the torque plate was installed (with ARP studs)!

Got some Radium rails and FPR from Sprank, so now I'm working on the plumbing. Trying to buy this stuff just once, wish me luck. Could use some pointers on fuel rails and FPR install from you guys (Nightmaresmk??).

Rotating parts are going to the balance guy Friday after the King XPG bearings arrive.

Should be putting stuff together after my shoulder heals up a bit.

FYI: If anybody needs some budget build parts e.g.) crank, rods, complete TGV side feeds (got TGV deletes also), water pump, oil pump, oil cooler, OEM fuel rails (bad dampener on one side). Let me know. Bearings were fine and oil was clean BTW.

I'll throw them up for sale when I can but it may be a bit.

-JB

Sorry to hear of the fiasco. I got excited reading through and saw it suddenly stop, so I had to ask. It's good to see things still moving forward, no matter the rate of speed.

Side note:

It must be a great time of year to get shoulder surgery. That's people seem to be talking lately. Take it easy with the recovery, if the PT seems to really be pushing you hard make sure you wince. Had a buddy trying to hold onto his manliness and keep a straight face. Turned out the PT was watching his reaction to determine how far to stretch his arm.

Its been a little slower progress than planned for sure, but that is the way it goes.

I've had Ortho on my knee a couple of times so I wasn't too worried about the shoulder, until I talked to a few guys that have had it done. Now I'm a bit concerned that it'll be more than a week in a sling. We'll see.

I don't have much manliness to hold onto to begin with so its pretty easy to let it go :)

• 2 years later...
Bump. Great looking wagon, people should see more of it

Thanks B! She's a little rough around the edges but that's just how she goes.

Thought this thread died along with my motivation a while ago.:lol:

Anyways, finally got the car back together after a buddie kept buggin' me about it, longblock was done on the stand and then a few life instances kept me from finishing. Then my motivation died.

So my buddie offered to finish it off in his shop. I said "where's the trailer, lets do this."

Car is rolling currently overboosting by 10-12 psi, I am in the process of going EWG with a local shop up here. They got me a Grimmspeed 3 bolt Up with 38mm WG and a Cobb catted downpipe coming. Dump tube going back to the downpipe.

So tuning on hold for now until I get this problem fixed.

Archived