LegacyGT.com

Soft Brakes on 2014

yulook

So I did a search and couldn't find anything so I thought I would ask. I have a 2014 model I discovered that the brakes are very soft. I almost have to take it to the ground before it start braking. Has anyone else run into this or is this standard?? The car is in the shop for warranty work so they gave a 2015 Nissan Sentra which have much better brakes. I barely press on it and it stops very quickly.:spin:

So I did a search and couldn't find anything so I thought I would ask. I have a 2014 model I discovered that the brakes are very soft. I almost have to take it to the ground before it start braking. Has anyone else run into this or is this standard?? The car is in the shop for warranty work so they gave a 2015 Nissan Sentra which have much better brakes. I barely press on it and it stops very quickly.:spin:

this "I barely press on it and it stops very quickly" is bad. The brakes should go more than a mm before applying full force. The brake pedal should apply force linearly for optimal control.

Go out on an empty highway (509) and get up to speed, then stand on the brakes. When you feel the juddering thru your foot that means you have activated the ABS. Until then, you have not "taken it to the ground".

boxkita, i'm almost betting, from someone who has a mush pedal to a new unknown car, the feel is 100% different so it feels like your slamming on the brakes with the same pressure your use to applying. You have to get use to the pedal travel, something you do when moving between different vehicles.

yulook, not normal, it should feel similar to the 2015 Sentra your driving around in now. Get that checked out, or if you know how, bleed the brakes, and see if that fixes it!

Thanks guys for the feedback. I had a 08 legacy and it's really soft in comparison. Like I said you almost have to take it to the floor before it's starts to stop unlike the Nissan when you barely tap it the car starts to slow down quickly. I wanted to hear back from other people who have the 14 model year to see if this is normal or a real problem.

Archived