LegacyGT.com

06 OBXT running rough under boost/load

My 06 Outback XT with 120K on the clock is running rough when I'm on the highway and under boost in high gear and stepping on the gas pedal the engine runs rough. It's not throwing any codes and it doesn't seem to be detonation because my engine would have been destroyed by now.

I brought it to Subaru Specialties in Los Angeles (Azusa) and Mary the shop owner couldn't find what the problem was but acknowledged there was a problem.

A friend of mine who owns a Legacy and works on Subaru's stated the up pipe cats have been known for clogging and if that was the problem to get an aftermarket catless up pipe.

Any idea's on what may be causing the engine to run rough under load and boost? I would really like to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance

sounds like a reasonable assumption for the catted uppipe to be clogged. I would highly recommend changing out that uppipe regardless since from the research I have done and people that do nothing but work on subarus have told me that the cats like to break apart and shoot through the turbo killing the turbo and motor. you could try and find just a stock sti uppipe used or maybe something aftermarket to replace it and see if it solves the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived