LegacyGT.com

Lift and tire questions

I have a '95 Legacy L that I want to lift and put all terrain tires on. I'm getting some '02 Outback H6 wheels, which are 16x6.5. After that, I'm getting a set of Outback struts to give me a lift. My main question is what all terrain tire will fit on those wheels and not rub anywhere? Will a 225/70r16 tire fit without rubbing?

Hi and welcome,

You'll want to hit up the ol' Search button as this covered here, there and everywhere.

Short answer? No, 225/70R-16 are too 'tall' (diameter). They'll hit the bottom strut perch...doesn't matter what spring, top hat spacer, etc. is used.

You 'might' be able to get wheel stud spacers to push 'out' the wheel for clearance, but not sure that's recommended.

GL,

TD

I have the same vehicle. I went with first gen forester struts and second gen forester springs. Its the taller and better option.

I don't know about tires though, I have 15 inch wheels for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I swapped mine out with a set of '04 forester struts and springs and had no problem with installation. As for tires, I went with General Grabber AT 2 and they're awesome! They're 215/65 16 and fit well. Yes, they do rub a little bit, but nothing severe at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived