LegacyGT.com

going to Carter soon

get a second diagnosis for the possible head gasket problem. with 87k miles i did contact Subaru about this. i dont think its right to need one with these miles. have maintained this thing 105%. have gone above what is normal.

air filter and oil every 5k. alignments 2 times a year. new tires after 20k needed or not. etc etc. fluid exchanges, full flushes to many things. yes, i have every recepit to every service.

im not removing the mods and im leaving the tune in as is. theres no fear in this dojo. i did what i did knowing that things can break. but head gasket is not one of them. inter cooler splitting? yeah. i ate that. turbo with internal crack before the 80k epa warranty? yeah. i ate that too.

i will eat the head gasket if i have to but i believe it wasnt my doing and its too intensive for me to accept it.

if they say its head gasket i will only repair for now. will take me another 2 years of driving to hot 105k and needing a nomral timing belt. i had plans to rebuild at 100k anyways. im worried about losing the freakiness of this engine. its very strong. im afraid if its cracked open it will never be the same.

i wont leave it there no matter what. will drive it home and make a plan.

will be an interesting day.

You tuned your 7 year old out of warranty car with a known litany of issues. I'm sorry but Subaru does not owe you a new head gasket no matter how much you believe they do. If your doing the Headgasket you would be wise to include new timing gear and water pump as that has to be removed to get the heads off the block.

You tuned your 7 year old out of warranty car with a known litany of issues. I'm sorry but Subaru does not owe you a new head gasket no matter how much you believe they do. If your doing the Headgasket you would be wise to include new timing gear and water pump as that has to be removed to get the heads off the block.

i dont recall me begging for them to fix a possible issue. ive seen whiners on here complain for something minor.

trying is better than not trying.

if the engine broke. i would just get a new engine. easy as that.

HG should not fail at 87k.

You should record that conversation. Especially the part where they start laughing. Unless you bot the extended warranty that gives you 82k miles of coverage.

if i was scared and deceitful like half this forum i would have removed the dp and intercooler and uninstalled the ap.

im not hiding.

im at 87k why are you talking 82k?

Why would you rebuild it at 100k?

i never broke it in. bought it new on oct 2006. its been driven hard. yes, i still dont think the HG should go out even so.

i dont drive enough miles so i decided to crack it open at the 100k mark. probably another year or so. next fall would be a great time actually.

at the moment it seems fine. pulling well even in the summer heat.

i guess another reason would be that its my choice to rebuilt and not the engines choice.

Archived