LegacyGT.com

rebourne's '06 OBXT

rebourne

Nope. S techs sit on the bumpstops in front, or nearly on them, from what I can gather. that's why they are as low as you can go. And any "settling" is the bump stops disintegrating from constant smashing. In front at least.

Yeah, just wondering why you went with H Techs. I think the most popular combo is Koni/Swift, but I've heard that they are stiff.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, just wondering why you went with H Techs. I think the most popular combo is Koni/Swift, but I've heard that they are stiff.

I was looking for something just about an inch lower than the lgt springs. Not 1.5", not 1.4", just 1.0". Hard to find. Then saw the h tech's pop up on Amazon for well under $200 and figured I'd try them. Would be an easy resale if i didn't like them.

So while I'd like the front to be a bit lower appearance-wise, i think the h tech's are the perfect compromise. Took a friend out in my obxt that had Koni/epics, and he said my set up rides better.

I figured it out.... Add an eBay s204 lip, and give the appearance of being a little lower!

I do really like that idea. I'll look into it once I get the small stash of parts I have installed. GS intake, TMIC, the Perrin steering elbow clamp thingy, LGT ABS sensor, DW fuel pump, and I'm probably forgetting some things...

Ive noticed a lot of OBXT owners will run an 18" with 45 profile tire. What made you decide to run with a 40?

The H-techs's done seem super low like some... actually its a quite perfect stance.

Assuming you mean, don't seem super low? Thanks! It's a great balance.

Why 40s? Luck of the draw. The Enkie's came up on CraigsList with a good quality tire at a fantastic price. Not some low end junk tire. Figured if I could get them, I'd give it a try. It's is lower profile and diameter than I had considered running.

To be near perfect fitment with my camber settings, the 18x8 Enkies would be about a +30 or even +25 (they are +40). 8.5 wide and +30 might be just perfect, and run a bit wider tire. And for total diameter, about half way between LGT and OBXT looks like the sweet spot on paper.

Looking at the pics in "Thomistopheles' 06 OBXT" build thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/thomistopheles-06-obxt-limited-baller-husky-hauler-iii-247594.html, I'm going to keep my eye out for some 17 x 8 to 9s. Something about his I like, but with a bit smaller diameter tire (yet taller than mine). A 17x9 +35 with a 245/45/17 might be perfection.

You get about an inch more travel by switching them out. Outback is on top, legacy on bottom.

http://i.imgur.com/rn5Z3PV.jpg?1

Aha, I see. Well, I guess if I'm doing all new suspension, it wouldn't hurt to go with different lower control arms. Thanks for the info. I think I was getting confused with some other rear suspension components.

Yeah, what he said.

However! If you are going with coil overs, like BC etc, they have bump stops in the rear shocks (right? uh, please verify first... I read this somewhere), so you can just unthread the rear OBXT rubber helper bumpstop thingy and be done. Then you'll adjust the pre-load, springy thingy stuff of the coil over to be your bump stop and control your travel. Might be a waste to install the LGT arms.

Yeah, what he said.

However! If you are going with coil overs, like BC etc, they have bump stops in the rear shocks (right? uh, please verify first... I read this somewhere), so you can just unthread the rear OBXT rubber helper bumpstop thingy and be done. Then you'll adjust the pre-load, springy thingy stuff of the coil over to be your bump stop and control your travel. Might be a waste to install the LGT arms.

I'm going the Koni route. Currently on LGT suspension, with Legacy bump stops. Going a bit lower, just not sure of rear control arms are necessary, or more of a comfort thing?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to keep the tech to the "build" thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rebournes-06-obxt-build-thread-243318.html

and this one just pretty pictures.

Gonna quote it from here and respond in the build thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rebournes-06-obxt-build-thread-243318.html?p=5462564#post5462564

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

34638242264_2bb771eb03_b.jpg

Sitting on stocks tires/wheels while waiting for new tires for the 18" Imolas.

edit: I played around with the white balance, using the eye dropper tool, etc... and in the end I think this is right. The sun was going down, everything was all glowing warm orange and reds... It's right for the time of day.

• 2 weeks later...
Holy ass squat batman LMAO

I think it's just the camera angle and the way it's on the downward angle towards the street. Flip the car around and move it forward:

35390359480_5804773225_b.jpg

Look better this way, or still too saggy?

I think it could use another 3/8" higher in the rear. That would be a 3/4" total rear spacer, versus the 3/8" that's in there now.

Archived