LegacyGT.com

Sketchy subi build

Hey guys haven't posted I a really long time as I haven't had a Subaru in a while... looking to do some weird stuff to a wrecked outback that my friend might sell to me for close to 300$. Lots of rust miles and shit wrong with it. I figure for its dying days I could have some fun with it. Want to turn it into a drift car. I know what you're thinking " wow!" This guy's and idiot why would some one do this!" I don't even know guys. But! I've wanted to do it for a really long time and have passed up too many opportunities to do it. So this time around I think I'm gonna go through with it. Questions I'm looking to get answered are...

One, how low can I go with cut springs on a 3rd Gen out back with it still being drivable. I know it will be am uncomfortable ride but this is only to get me through till I fully decide if this things even worth my time. Not trying to dump money into something I might just scrap in a few months.

2 has anyone on here done the rwd conversion to an outback?

3 do out backs have lsd in the rear?

And I think that's it for now but I might be forgetting some stuff. Over all not looking for anyone to bug me about how bad of an idea this is or talk me out of it. Productive answers only please

thanks!

Do not cut the springs but a legacy suspension off a junk yard and bolt it in.

Yes it's possible to convert to rwd not really a big deal either but you will be splitting your trans open.

Outback 2.5xt's come with VLSD but you will want to upgrade to a R180 and spec b axles as you will break the r160/

Archived