LegacyGT.com

Kenwood nav and RCA connector

I've read in another thread that we only need to connect any device to the RCA jack and press the INFO button to switch to this auxiliary video input.

I hooked up a small DVD player but the info button only switch to the car settings as usual. I am not using the molex connector for the backup cam at this point.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

I'm still reading though the thread below, which might be the thread you have also seen.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/another-oem-navi-features-hack-thread-progress-and-documents-36342p2.html?

I read one reply where someone mentions that the device must be connected to the nav when unit is booting up. It sounds like he's using the molex connector, but it's worth trying that with the rca jack as well.

*Still reading, one more idea is to try hitting the info button twice.

One more quote from that thread

It's pretty easy, you either have to remove the stereo or the screen, I had the stereo out when I did it and I just reached behind the screen, felt the input and plugged an RC cable into it. I ran that under the center console and and popped it out on the side to go under the passenger seat like Windy Road did. once it's plugged in you just hit the info button twice and it'll switch to the RCA. The parking brake needs to be up at that point, but if you remove the nav screen you can ground the parking sensor wire and it'll work at all times, even when the car is in motion.

One more quote from that thread

Yep that's the part I missed in that thread, pulled braking brake, double tap info and got the DVD working.

This adds whole bunch of awesomeness for me while waiting between calls on the road! :spin:

Thanks apexi!

Archived