LegacyGT.com

Issue between LED switchbacks and brake lights

Grothe08LGT

So long story short, I got my tails tinted, so thought it was a good time to get LED brake lights, LED rear turn signals, and some switchbacks for the front. Install went about as easy as changing a bulb. Did it all during the day, and everything worked out good, until that night when I went to look at how they looked at night.

So here lies my issue - anytime I have the key in the on position, with the lights completely off, and depress the brake pedal, some of my interior lights (radio, Si drive, mirror adjustment panel, and the green headlight indicator) come on at the same time. :spin: I got in contact with diode dynamics, they told me to put a resistor on the brake lights, which didn't fix the issue. As I mentioned to them, the issue goes away as soon as I put in the regular bulbs for either the brake lights or the turn signals. So for example, if we leave the switchbacks in and put the incandescent brake lights back in..everything goes back to normal, and vis versa..

Sorry if this is confusing haha. So we have come to the conclusion, that with the switch backs and the LED brake lights, some how the car is thinking the parking lights are becoming activated or wanting to be on for some odd reason..

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how I should resolve this issue. Only thing we haven't tried, is putting a resistor on the switchbacks, but didn't know if that was really a possibility. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

nah your issue is on the brake light . The brake light has 3 wire right? One ground , 2 for signal , one is the running light the other is the braking light . Which one you tried ? Not sure about what im saying because i have a wagon but i ran into a simillar problem. MY dashboard flashing indicator were all tripping when i was engaging the flasher with the brake pedal pressed and it was happening only with led bulb. Solved the problem with resistor on the running light. Try it on the running if you didnt .

Archived