LegacyGT.com

Does anyone have windshield washer leaking issue?

I topped off the windshield washer like a month ago, but it wasn't spraying again a week ago.

I thought it doesn't make sense to deplete so fast, but I got myself another bottle of washer fluid anyways yesterday. But guess what? when I wanted to make sure it was depleted, it was spraying again.

It was weird but I topped it off again just to make sure.

I opened the hood today and I see the level of the washer fluid went down by an inch from full mark by its own.

So now I have two problems, one is washer not spraying when there is fluid left, and two is I have a leak somewhere.

You should be able to see some evidence of leak somewhere.

Check the tube connections from the reservoir.

Did the reservoir ever go below freezing temps with fluid not designed for it? If so, the reservoir could be cracked.

You should be able to see some evidence of leak somewhere.

Check the tube connections from the reservoir.

Did the reservoir ever go below freezing temps with fluid not designed for it? If so, the reservoir could be cracked.

I tried to check the tube connection but the reservoir in our car is shaped oddly that I can't see the bottom of it.

Ive been putting only the proper washer in the reservoir.

The pump is sort of at the bottom and it does have a seal but I'd be surprised if you had a leak. I guess anything is possible.

If you drop the splash shield, you can see the lower half of the reservoir.

You could have had an air bubble that caused the drop. Even using the washer one time will drop the level in the 'neck' about an inch like you stated.

Since the pump isn't at the very bottom(generally on the side), it does require a little fluid to activate. I'm pretty sure I remember the pump being on the side of the tank on this vehicle as well. I've only ever seen them side mounted which requires 1" or so of fluid to operate. You could have been on uneven ground and put an air bubble in the lines.

The pump is sort of at the bottom and it does have a seal but I'd be surprised if you had a leak. I guess anything is possible.

If you drop the splash shield, you can see the lower half of the reservoir.

You could have had an air bubble that caused the drop. Even using the washer one time will drop the level in the 'neck' about an inch like you stated.

Since the pump isn't at the very bottom(generally on the side), it does require a little fluid to activate. I'm pretty sure I remember the pump being on the side of the tank on this vehicle as well. I've only ever seen them side mounted which requires 1" or so of fluid to operate. You could have been on uneven ground and put an air bubble in the lines.

Thanks but I took my car for a short trip and now it's completely gone from the top hose thing.. I don't know how much is left in the reservoir cuz I can't see it from top. Bit it can't be bubble looking at the size of the top part that you pour washer into. Top part alone can hold decent amount of washer but they are completely gone

• 1 year later...

Archived