LegacyGT.com

Dealer refuses to acknowledge/fix "studdering" issue. Advice, please.

direavenger

Well I took my car in for it's 6k oil change/tire rotation, and told them that my car studders under mild acceleration. They took it out for a test drive and told me that there was no problem. Not only that, they told me that there is NO ECU FIX for cars with 5MTs, only for those with ATs. I don't know what to do, because the car was fine for about 100 miles and now the studdering is back. How can I get these guys to fix my car?
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

They're full of crap. I just had the ECU update done on our 5mt LGT. Dealer didn't even flinch and even knew about the fix. And they are usually idiots...

Maybe contact SOA, or try a different dealer...

They're full of crap. I just had the ECU update done on our 5mt LGT. Dealer didn't even flinch and even knew about the fix. And they are usually idiots...

Maybe contact SOA, or try a different dealer...

I told them to call SoA, but I'm not sure that they did. Actually, I know that they didn't because if they did, they would know about the damn issue! Morons...

I'm calling SoA over lunch today.

UPDATE: I called SoA at (800) SUBARU3. The customer service guy said that he had no knowledge of this issue. Stonewalled again. My only option is to call dealers and ask if they have already done this, because it seems as though they need to specifically ask for this information from Subaru. Extremely frustrating...

Guest *Jedimaster*

Definitely call SOA- they always do a good job of straightening out a shitty dealer, in my experience.

My local dealer had no idea there was an upgrade for the latch that holds the filler strap on the wagon :lol:

Just because they sell the cars doesnt mean they know how the car works or what new things have come out for them. 9 out of 10 times I go to the dealership, I'm telling the guy about the car's capabilities. lol. Usually the guys in the tech dept. will know about updates to cars and if not, dont be afraid to to TELL them, or research and get the bulletin reference number, and say here it is chief... fix it.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

Definitely call SOA- they always do a good job of straightening out a shitty dealer, in my experience.

My local dealer had no idea there was an upgrade for the latch that holds the filler strap on the wagon :lol:

UPDATE: I called SoA at (800) SUBARU3. The customer service guy said that he had no knowledge of this issue. Stonewalled again. My only option is to call dealers and ask if they have already done this, because it seems as though they need to specifically ask for this information from Subaru. Extremely frustrating...

Just because they sell the cars doesnt mean they know how the car works or what new things have come out for them. 9 out of 10 times I go to the dealership, I'm telling the guy about the car's capabilities. lol. Usually the guys in the tech dept. will know about updates to cars and if not, dont be afraid to to TELL them, or research and get the bulletin reference number, and say here it is chief... fix it.

I don't think that this does have a bulletin reference number, does it?

direavenger -

I have never called the Subaru Tech-Support line, but my thinking is that you should perhpas try calling them yet again, and if-stonewalled agian, to see if you can speak to a "manager."

Others here on LGT.com have had excellent experience in calling-in their complaints when their dealerships have been uncooperative. I'm wondering if perhaps you just were unlucky and got a tech who was having a bad day.

:(

Maybe you should try describing the problem as Opie did:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15254

Best of luck getting this resolved. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived