LegacyGT.com

'91 Turbo crosspost!

Scruff

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/91-turbo-help-241725.html?p=5162298#post5162298

Any help would be appreciated, if it is possible to rig up the turbo, I would want to do it this weekend. I could use some extra hands and expertise, as I am kind of lost in what will need to be done, in both knowledge and tools. It's definitely a shot in the dark but I will need all of the help I can get.

Thanks guys.

PM me your address! I can be there at 2 since I work tomorrow morning. I have this SICK 2014 Sentra rental that I'm whipping around at the moment....

Man I miss my car...

:lol:

Updated the post on the turbo subsection, the short of it is:

-VF39

-Should fit my old DP, if not I have a downpipe that will work

-Tracked down headers and uppipe that will work, if I get a reply from Craigslist

-Ordering gaskets and such for the VF39

Hoping to start piecing this together by this weekend.

ill come help ya!

Yesss! Thank you sir!

Probably picking up the headers and uppipe today (they are off of a v3 STi) and grab the VF39. Then gaskets on order and hopefully good to go for the weekend.

perfect! i should have my crank shaft pulley nby tuesday

Ready and waiting to help out that night!

Anyone have a WRX intercooler with the Y-pipe hanging around? Have a couple leads to pick one up but it'd be nice to get one from one of you guys if you have a spare. The old intercooler won't fit properly with the new turbo setup, so I'll have to go the OEM route with it.

Kinda sucks too, the old IC is pretty beefy.

EDIT: Possibly grabbing an '02 one up for 50 bucks, having hookups in wrecking yards is the best.

Last Edit: Got the '02 WRX intercooler on the way for Wednesday, last major thing to pick up is the header and uppipe tonight. Kinda funny how bottoming out made me decide that I might as well overhaul the turbo and intercooling from square one. I guess a performance boost is never bad :)

Gonna have an interesting time figuring out what kind of hoses and clamps I need to buy... Time to pull out the tape measurer and drawing pad to see what I need.

Archived