LegacyGT.com

stage 2 feedback knock question

DGM_WAG

I have tried searching for some similar datalogs on here without much luck. I have only had my Accessport for about a month and a have and have been stage 2 for about 3 weeks. I am very new at this and don't have a good understanding as to what I'm looking at with datalogs. I started noticing feedback knock jumping between -1.4 and -11.8 in the last week or so. I would normally see -1.4 to -2.8, but never anything more than that before. It seem to happen at lower RPMs with little to no boost and mostly when cruising at freeway speeds and I make an adjustment to the throttle when RPMs are low. I want to make sure I don't have some major problem or if it looks like custom tuning might benefit my situation or how would I tell if I have a rattle setting off the knock sensor? I don't hear anything different when the numbers start to jump. Anyways here is a log that shows a spike, starts around cell 866. thanks

datalog10.csv

Just from first glance of this really long log, I would assume it's picking up noise from something. Only seems to happen in low RPM's and in no boost. I'd start checking heat shields, or anything that could cause a metal on metal noise..

When I had an issue picking up feedback knock and fine knock, I couldn't hear it in the car, but my car was picking up random bits of noise because my uppipe heat shield was lose.. Also, what mods do you have and what map are you running?

• 3 weeks later...

Have you found the reason as to why you're getting the feedback knock? I have the same issue and have not found a solution as of yet. Mostly see the feedback knock between 2nd and 3rd but it spikes as high as -11.8 my DAM reading is also sitting at .815

Connor

• 1 month later...

I never thought about that. Mine are also just floating, I don't even have them in anymore because they just stopped working. Thought it might be the relay, got a new one and still didn't work. I am going to pull everything out and see if that stops the knock.

I have since had my car into Vex and they say its perfect mechanically (did compression etc went through the whole car). If it turns out that the stupid ballasts were causing the knock hahaha

C

While it could be something loosely swaying in the engine bay, I would look into at least an e-tune. The OTS maps are typically sub-par and need much tweaking to get the tune right for your vehicle and modifications.

Having said that, the 91 map doesn't typically knock, but I'll bet the intake isn't helping at all. Even the slightest design modifications from manufacturer to manufacturer can have dramatic effects on the tuning dynamics.

Have you considered going back to the stock intake and comparing? Start with cheap but likely solutions and work your way up :)

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I never thought about that. Mine are also just floating, I don't even have them in anymore because they just stopped working. Thought it might be the relay, got a new one and still didn't work. I am going to pull everything out and see if that stops the knock.

I have since had my car into Vex and they say its perfect mechanically (did compression etc went through the whole car). If it turns out that the stupid ballasts were causing the knock hahaha

C

I secured mine, and i am seeing less on the knock sum, whip out the zip ties!

Heh day 2 ballasts secured, i have gotten zero fine learn knock... lol

Archived