LegacyGT.com

90 Legacy L wagon awd. Cruise control issue.

hello, i searched for help but i have a hard time sorting through things.

the cruise control only works sometimes... the tachometer only works sometimes too.

the times that i have had the cruise work the tach was working at that time. but my wife thinks the cruise worked when the tach wasnt working.

to me it seemed that the cruise would set better with the rpm's up.

which makes me think it might be a vacuum issue. but honestly i dont know much about subarus as this is our first one.

what should i be checking or looking into?

i appreciate you looking,

thanks

Randall

g3ride69

here is my post from the intro section------------------------------------------

hello hello.

picked up a 1990 legacy L wagon with 80k miles. an original grandma grocery getter off of craigslist locally.

i got the window sticker, the receipt, and a copy of the check for $14,800.

most of the maintenance receipts over 25years.

being in Michigan this car is in pretty darn good shape. it had the underarmor coating and was garage kept . wheel well rust and under the rear bumper frame rust are the only main issues.

interior is amazing. the dash is perfect and all plastic is pristine. seats have a couple coffee stains... but not 25 years of stains for sure. still has the original subaru floor mats.

i am loving this car.

cruise control is intermittent which is my main concern at this time. a slight shake/shimmy at 70mph. and the tachometer works when it wants to.

thanks for looking.

please message me or send me a link if you know of something i can check or do with the cruise control.

Randall

g3ride69

Archived