LegacyGT.com

Review with pics: Stock Headlamps vs. Sylvania SilverStar

kenzo

• 6 months later...
UPDATE: (Mods, feel free to move this thread to 'Exterior' if it's more appropriate, thx) Since I started this thread many moons ago I thought I'd wrap up the review. Last week one of the SilverStars burned out, so it lasted a little longer than 6 months. I was extremely careful during the install not to touch the bulb, so I'm pretty sure I didn't accelerate the bulb's death. I put the stock lamps back in; as noted from the original swap-out, the difference is minor. Conclusion: IMHO, not really worth the effort and expense to change to the Sylvania SilverStars. Hope this helps, kenzo

I used Silverstars in my Integra for about a year. I no longer use them because they only lasted for about 4-5 months and cost way too much for what appeared to be the at most a third of the life span of normal bulbs. They did work well though. I do miss them on my drive home since I'm often on two lane back roads with no street lights. There are lots of deer where I live and the Silverstars were clearly better for illuminating the road ahead of me.

Archived