LegacyGT.com

Rear led brake lights

drunkinmonk

I just purchased done led rear brake lights from a member here. They're from diode dynamics.

My driver side went out so I replaced that one with an led one and step back to compare the brightness. Unfortunately the led doesn't work so I plug in the other led in the same driver side, still not working.

I then replace the passenger with an led and that original bulb worked but this led doesn't but I notice that the driver side is now working.

What's up with this? I am stumped...

Anyone run into this with led bulbs? I know both bulbs work maybe my circuit isn't liking it....

• 2 weeks later...
I replaced some interior lighting yesterday with LEDs from diode dynamics as well. I replaced my door lights and they worked perfectly (despite the festoon bulb being too large and taking coaxing to get in the socket). The dome light was an adapter for a larger light and worked perfectly. The map lights I could not get to work for some reason. I even tried the bulbs I knew worked in the door lights, verified the bulbs worked, verified the socket worked, could not get the LED bulb to work in the map light socket. Moved to the trunk light - no problem with that bulb. Tried the licence plate lights - problems getting them to light. Had the bulb properly seated and it would not light. If I fiddled around with them and moved them slightly out of fully seated I could get them to work and the light output was great, just strange to have to do that... I still have my city lights to install and I hope there are no problems there. I'm going to contact DD about these map lights.

Did you flip the led's around in the socket? Some led's only work with power in one direction. I can't remember if diode dynamics led's are that way but I have all the led's in my car and have had no issues with any of them. Great customer service as well.

Well that was embarrassing - I thought these LEDs weren't polar (if that's the right term) because they worked both ways in the door and only 1 way in the map light spot. Anyway I went out and tried them again and upon flipping them they work. It takes a bit of force to get them seated since they're 31mm vs the 28mm stock but they fit and work nicely. No complaints :)

Archived