LegacyGT.com

Clutch Problem?

I have a 2005 LGT 5MT with about 111K miles on it. As of about a month ago i upgraded to stage 1, Cobb intake and OTS Stage 1+ SF intake map. Over the past weeks i have noticed the engine revving quickly when gas is applied even though there is not a increase in speed. It does it even when increasing speed via the cruise control. I have no problem going from a dead stop, only when i apply gas at speed in any gear.

So my question is, is my clutch going out?

If not then what is?

What are the best parts to replace this? I have access to a complete garage and plan on doing the work my self and hopefuly soon going to a stage 2 setup (might do that at the same time as i have to pull out the exhaust)

More details about the car,

I am the second owner, had it for about 5 years. Of that five years it has been in storage about 30 months as i am military and been busy. Recently i have replaced the rear diff and tranny fluid with Mobile 1 Synthetic 75w-90, and had the passenger side front CV axle replaced. THe car is my daily driver, most my trips are on base and less than 4 miles. To the office from the barracks, to the chow hall, gym, store, etc....

Thanks for you help.

Archived