LegacyGT.com

sluggish turbo wagon. help!

I have the boost control solenoid disconnected in lieu of a manual boost controller, but I was certain the MAP was responsible for ignition cut, and it is still connected.

When you say it is disconnected did you unplug it from the harness? From what I understand even if you are using an MBC you want the bcs still connected to the harness and still receiving boost pressure but one line is capped.

Update: Sealing the cracks appears to have been the primary fix I was needing as the car is doing SO much better. Economy is back to 26 mpg, power is great, even over Montana's steepest passes. I drove 600 miles for my wedding over the weekend, another 600 since, and outside of very minor occasional issues that I know to be a faulty MAF (ordering a new one) the car never missed a beat.

Thank you to everybody for your help!!

i'm installing a new subaru maf tonight for the same issues, i even installed an aem fuel press gauge to be sure it wasn't fuel supply. btw, the intake boots are available. I just got it in today its $53 cnd. so i'm not sure what dealer you were using, but they are wrong

Archived