LegacyGT.com

dissapointed..

762x39

I recently finished my stage 2 installations on my 2005 OBXT 5EAT. I have the Grimmspeed TMIC, Invidia Catted Dp, Grimmspeed Up, Hexmods valve body upgrade and Cobb Accessport OTS 93 Fuel Stage 2 map installed. I wasn't expecting much from the OTS map, but was expecting much more than what it gave me. It rarely reaches 15 psi and throttle response is not very responsive at all. The OTS stage 1 map was actually more impressive than this stage 2 map. Considering the items I picked, the price they were, and the labor I put in, I'm pretty disappointed. I was/am planning on getting a dyno tune, but figured there would be at least some difference between Cobb's stage 1 and stage 2 maps. It feels like I downgraded. Am I missing something or do I just need a Pro tune ASAP to cure my depression? With that being said, I have Zeroed in on Bren Tuning for my Pro tune. Anyone out there wanna share their Stage 2 and/or Bren Tuning experiences? Thanks.

15lbs boost even on an OTS Stage 2 does not sound right. I think you have a vacuum leak. Do you have EVERY vacuum hose zip tied? Have you gone back thru all your lines to ensure there are no leaks?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Problem solved.

It turns out that the new downpipe accelerated the destruction of my already leaking factory catback. The resonator and one of the two mufflers was completely plugged, creating enough back pressure to stop the turbo from spooling. With just the downpipe running and the rusty OEM catback disconnected, boost was right up to 17 lbs.

I now have a Gimmick Motorsports LGT catback installed with turndowns welded onto the tips. Everything sounds great and performs great on the OTS map, and I finally got to see what all the stage 2 buzz is about. I'm getting pro tuned next week with the addition of a GrimmSpeed 3 port boost control solenoid. I cant wait to see what the pros can make it do.

My experience with BrenTuning couldn't have been better. Ive been running his etune for 46k miles now with no issues, better gas mileage, and much more power over the cobb OTS Map, somewhere close to 50whp if I had to guess. I highly recommend contacting him, and paying him to get an etune through the accessport. Be patient, and you will be completely satisfied!

Mike

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived