LegacyGT.com

Basic Injector Scale Question

jayrex

I've done my tuning homework, but I just wanted to get a little feedback on a Injector scaler tuning. This is just a 'sanity check' for now, I will probably make a detailed post soon.

Just installed 850cc injectors - my stockers were at 100% duty cycle.

Research says new scaler number should be:

(Old CC/New CC) * Stock Scaler Value = New Scaler Value

(550/850) * 5200 = 3365

With this value I am left with fuel trims at approx:

A -10

B -8

C -1

D -.5

I keep lowering the value but the change is only marginal.

My most recent trial is 3320, which seems extreme, no?

A -8

B -6

C -1

D -.2

I have a wideband that I'm keeping an eye on, but I haven't logged any WOT yet because I JUST got the serial cable working late last night. (Took me 3 days to figure out my connection issues, what a PITA) AFR pegs right to 10, so I'm not running lean in WOT.

Anyway, I know I have some logging to do. But what are you fine peoples general take on it? Keep lowering the scaler? I don't know if I trust the flow sheet it came with, I don't have it in front of me, at work currently.

What are some of your scalers values for 850's?

Thanks

Jay

Hey thanks for the reply.

I would really like to confirm that decreasing the injector scale number would tell the ecu the injectors are even bigger / flow more, and in turn help with the rich conditions. I know this is a borderline 'stupid' question, but I just want to make sure I'm thinking correctly, and it just seem like changes to the injector scale should be more noticeable.

Can a rough number be dialed in for injector scale at idle while live tuning? Or is WOT pulls with WB02 logs the only way?

Attached Test Report

Injectors are from eBay. :redface:

I have since realized these are potentially a mistake. They do not specifically say, but research points to Venom brand.

Voltage 6, 9 , 11.5, 14, 16

Latency 7.06, 2.15, 1.17, 0.75, 0.58

This seemed to idle well while live tuning via AccessTuner

My fuel trims are a bit worse now after another 30 mins of driving.

A -14

B -6

C -1

D -2

They went in very smooth, I polished up the lip on the rail too. but if I had a leak, would it be super obvious?

My OEM sensor matches the WB O2 within +-0.1

TLFinjectorReport.thumb.jpg.d23e4c9f4c53bd5be5f78869dc876bd3.jpg

Archived