LegacyGT.com

Moving list

Okay so long story short i plan on moving out to colorado around september if all goes right. ill be driving my wagon from seattle to boulder. i plan on getting a tow hitch and a 4x8 uhaul trailer to haul my stuff since i will have my dog with me in the car. What i need from you guys is anything you guys think i should do to get my car ready.

05 wagon 5EAT, has 105xxx miles on and counting. only things I've done to thus far is:

perrin light weight crank shaft pulley

perrin front and rear end links

i have a 22mm perrin front sway bar that i plan on installing

nameless 5in axel back with resonator delete

new "oem" replacement calipers and pads.

so far i know i will need new tires for the trip, new front rotors. but I'm more or less concerned about towing the trailer. Any input would help i know there is a few people on here that have towed with their lgt, would like to know what mods if any! pics welcome as well

Thanks in advance

-Ben

Have you checked the car licensing requirements for Colorado?

frankster is the expert on trailer hitches on a LGT, look up his thread (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/different-trailer-hitch-option-204538.html?t=204538&highlight=hitch)

The option is a uhaul truck and tow your car. :-)

Have you checked the car licensing requirements for Colorado?

frankster is the expert on trailer hitches on a LGT, look up his thread (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/different-trailer-hitch-option-204538.html?t=204538&highlight=hitch)

The option is a uhaul truck and tow your car. :-)

my original plan was get a uhaul truck and rent a car trailer but I don't have nearly that much stuff.

you could buy my yakima rack and load everything on top skipping the trailer altogether. Dogs don't need that much room, unless gf going too

I have a rack, was thinking about getting a box on top. I think I could get everything in the car with the dog and the lady if don't bring my bed

I have an OBXT and I've towed a trailer on long distance 3 times. I've used a 4x8 uhaul trailer twice (from Utah to LA). The thing was full of fairly heavy boxes. The car had no issues whatsoever. I was stage 0 at that time. Just keep a good safety distance between you and the car in front of you if your trailer is not equipped with brakes. But other than that, you won't even know you're pulling a trailer, except if you stare at the mpg gauge :lol: (I think I was averaging 16 mpg).

Archived