LegacyGT.com

Chicago Area DAN WOLF Subaru of countryside dealership SUCKS!!!

twisted

<DAN WOLF SUBARU OF COUNTRYSIDE IN CHICAGO IL ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATS>

Ok so here's my story.

I live in Milwaukee WI

I own a 2005 LGT LTD purchased from MN (Wisconsin dealers werent giving me a good price, but in MN they were just awesome)

I decided to buy another 2002 LGT from this dealer in chicago, namely Dan Wolf Subaru of Countyside in La Grange/Chicago IL.

Anyways when i went to see the used legacy, the salesman (Trey) was gonna pull it out. He started it up and put it in gear and then stopped and said "oh it seems the rear drivers side tire is low...lemme fill it up."

Dood comes back in like 5 mins. Anyways i didnt make much of it. Drove the car liked and came back to make a deal like 2 weeks later.

It wasnt much of a deal in pricing but it was OK and it was the color and transmission i wanted so i purchased the vehicle alongwith a 5yr/60K extended warranty.

They were 'stealer-like' to deal with - with their 'sales spiel', 'this is the best car in the world' and 'we are giving you the next best deal since sliced bread', etc.

Mike Ruiz the sales manager was even worse to deal with than the sales rep.

I mea, it was to a point where i said to myself, " if he pulls out the 4-square on me...i'm walking".

Of course i got my own financing from my bank and didnt give them and there bank a shot at my business. had a good APR from my local bank

He kind of figured pretty quick i wasnt a novice at dealing on used cars.

ANyways drove the car home and then for a few more days and then i was out of town working on a project. Came back a couple of weeks later and had some time off. DIdnt drive the car for a bit. (Was driving the 05 instead) :)

Now i go to drive the car and notice that the driver-side rear tire is low. I didnt make much of it since all tires were a bit low since the car was sitting there in the garage.

I fill em up and then i realize that the rear drivers side tire is constantly losing air every 2 days. But we did have a couple of cool nights so i figured it was the change in temp causing it, but then even on the past few days with decent overnight temps its losing air so i take it in and sure enough there's a nail in it.

I'm goin..shoot i should have added 2 and 2 sooner. The fuggen stealership sold me a car with one bad tire and they knew it damn well but didnt want to change all 4.

So i call the stealer back and tell the manager Mike Ruiz, how they were potentially endangering my life by having done this and they should make it up. Of course the schmuck goes " no i cant help you...blah blah blah".

I said:

-It's people like you with no integrity that give the other decent dealers a bad name (Whitebear subaru Vadnais Heights MN).

-Instead of working with a customer who is the kind of customer who will come back again and again you choose to loose him/her.

- I will be sure to post a negative feedback anywhere and everywhere i can along with opening a case with SoA and complain.

You see its not about the money, since i am a DBA and make good money, but its about the principle of it.

He could have come back and said, i'm sorry can we work something out?

How about i meet you half way since we accidentally messed up (more like intentionally)

Anyways, long story short, stay away from Subaru of Countryside because they are the kind of dealership, us consumers WANT TO AVOID...the kind that is only interested in a sale. :mad:

As for me...i will get new tires on the ride.

</DAN WOLF SUBARU OF COUNTRYSIDE IN CHICAGO IL ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATS>

Too bad. Even though Subaru is steping up with better products, they still are not a world class dealership network. Night and Day difference when I service my infiniti. FWIW, I found Dan Wolf one of the better dealerships in Illinois in terms of service. Much better than Schaumburg and Roto. I wish I can find an Independent Japanese shop for maintenace after my 3/36 runs out.:confused:

Too bad. Even though Subaru is steping up with better products, they still are not a world class dealership network. Night and Day difference when I service my infiniti. FWIW, I found Dan Wolf one of the better dealerships in Illinois in terms of service. Much better than Schaumburg and Roto. I wish I can find an Independent Japanese shop for maintenace after my 3/36 runs out.:confused:

P&L Motorsports in Franklin Park does maintenance work, and they really know their Subarus.

I had an experience like this when my wife bought a used Protege.

Battery went dead 48 hours after the sale. I called them up, explained the situation, and arranged to bring the dead battery in to trade out for a new battery.

They were cooperative, but didn't give me a 'new' battery when I arrived, but at least it was a 'good' battery. At least they fixed the problem, which is better than your situation.

A good idea someone once told me is to always bring a friend with you when you buy a car. Its harder to trick two people, and a friend may have taken a close look at the 'low tire' during the initial visit.

Archived