LegacyGT.com

Q300

I have searched the world wide Web for a Q300 system for my 05 LGT. Every place I checked, at least 15, is back ordered for nearly a month or more. If anyone finds any in stock let me know.

I have searched the world wide Web for a Q300 system for my 05 LGT. Every place I checked, at least 15, is back ordered for nearly a month or more. If anyone finds any in stock let me know.

The Q300 is kind of shitty system for the price. It's loud and mass-produced. As always, custom is better. Have you considered shopping for mufflers you really like and want, such as Magnaflow or Borla, etc? Good ones can be had for ~$225 apiece, add in a Vibrant reso (~$85) and take it all down to your local custom exhaust shop and have them make you a nice mid and Y combo (one or two piece, your choice). You'll be ahead, both in terms of performance and sound, and will have paid about the same as the Q300 -

Just throwing out another option that's worth thinking about.

what specifically makes it bad?

ID vs OD? material used? fitment? welds?

It's mass-produced. It's loud, and, well, everyone has one. Why be the same?

Also, I believe the Y has a taper, like other systems. If you go custom, you'll get same diameter pipe, all the way through, as well as American (local) craftsmanship. IIRC, Invidia is Hecho in China.

It's mass-produced. It's loud, and, well, everyone has one. Why be the same?

Also, I believe the Y has a taper, like other systems. If you go custom, you'll get same diameter pipe, all the way through, as well as American (local) craftsmanship. IIRC, Invidia is Hecho in China.

its the only system on rallysport and it was the system PIA was telling me about. ive since found bosal and magnaflow. one of which seems to come with a resonator. imnot sure yet.

ahh. keep in mind Oppo is chinese but it didnt stop lexicon.

http://www.audioholics.com/blu-ray-and-dvd-player-reviews/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone/oppo-inside-lexicon-outside-1

the whole made in china thing has its argument but just about everything is made there anyways. chinese can and do build better things than usa companies do. remember...their medial house price isnt 400k nor is their income at 90k.

im not sure the taper. thought it was 2.5 from a 3. i dont need large pipes hanging under the car man. if a q300 can handle a vf52 then it has enough airflow.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm just looking for a low throaty rumble. Not a load annoying high pitched system.

I have the Borla catback and am very happy with the low rumble and volume level. It's a little $$$ though at around $750.

I got an older, used q300 for $350...haven't put it on yet. Also should bring up the whole "melting the bumper plastic" issue

$350 is about what they're worth. For the money (brand new), I think one could do better.

I have a q300 and is pretty spot on fitment...i do have v3 so it's been revised and revised...its not that loud esp since i have elh...but with a bigger turbo and added gs uppipe it is louder than if like it to be...i may get a resonator to tone it down...does suck that it tapers at the y split...

Custom with some Borlas will sound pretty sweet imo

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

We're talking failure to launch, not land. Big difference. You gotta be able to launch one before the pilot can crash one! :lol:

do you want me to link failed attempts of experienced usa military personnel launching on aircraft carriers?

stop with the chinese bashing. it shows your ignorance quite easily. ive seen what americans hands and fingers can do. many many errors and crappy build quality.

the ihi vf turbos are top notch turbos right? haha.

how many perrin fitment issues have been posted on this board?

goes on and on.

Archived