LegacyGT.com

injectors

I got a 91 subaru 2.2 for a swap into a bug and it has grey trey top injectors on the passenger side and red top injectors on the driver side do the red top flow more? I Sence there on the 2.5 motors i plan on turboing my 2.2 so the extra fuel will be good ive done a lot of research already people say it runs rich witch is good if i turbo it but is that true? All the forms i have seen are old is there any more info on this? And what year red tops fit? The 91 2.2?

Im running redtops out of a 98 outback. In my 93 with a holley fmu. A vf39 @18 psi. And i have plenty of fuel left

Thanks that helps

Did you turbo a 2.2?

Can i put the fuel rails from a 98 outback on my 91 2.2?

bcm is that holly just a rrfpr? I looked at them online and they are pretty expensive: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/regulators/efi_regulators/parts/512-505

Get what you pay for though, This unit is consistent , and very adjustable. I replaced the air bleed, with a valve that bleeds off back into my intake, and I can make very minute adjustments of my a/f ratio. I tried the ebay junk, I wont even sell it to someone else its that bad

Thanks that helps

Did you turbo a 2.2?

Can i put the fuel rails from a 98 outback on my 91 2.2?

Yes I turboed my 2.2, I'm not 100% sure if the rails will fit, everything I read they will with the spacers. but havent tried, still running the na rails with the redtops

Yes I turboed my 2.2, I'm not 100% sure if the rails will fit, everything I read they will with the spacers. but havent tried, still running the na rails with the redtops

How many miles have you put on it how much boost are you running what size exhaust do you have im doing a swap in to a bug that weighs less then 2000lb what so there's less stress on the motor sorry about all the questions i just want to know some more before i start building a turbo kit

the 2.2e engine made it about 6000km @16psi on td04, I think it would have lived a long life at a reasonable boost pressure for the high compression.(ringland failure) swapped in a ej22t,vf39 @ 18-20psi with water injection, 12,000km and running strong. I have 3" sti turbo back, but its overkill I think

the 2.2e engine made it about 6000km @16psi on td04, I think it would have lived a long life at a reasonable boost pressure for the high compression.(ringland failure) swapped in a ej22t,vf39 @ 18-20psi with water injection, 12,000km and running strong. I have 3" sti turbo back, but its overkill I think

So 5lbs of boost will be safe for a lot of miles or km

Nice on the swap! Been thinking of doing a super sleeper VW myself. I think the sidefeed 550cc 04 STI along with the legacy gt injectors will go in the early ej22e fuel rails. I am planning on using those early fuel rails to install some larger injectors from a turbo LGT. I also have an EJ20t intake with rails and injectors. Soon, I will be making a for sale ad with lots of phase 1 parts.

Nice on the swap! Been thinking of doing a super sleeper VW myself. I think the sidefeed 550cc 04 STI along with the legacy gt injectors will go in the early ej22e fuel rails. I am planning on using those early fuel rails to install some larger injectors from a turbo LGT. I also have an EJ20t intake with rails and injectors. Soon, I will be making a for sale ad with lots of phase 1 parts.

the hardest part of the swap is wiring :spin:

hears what i plan on doing

5lbs of boost ive seen msd plasma ignition on this motor so i might see about that sence it will burn more of the fuel 2.5" or 3" catless custom exhaust custom headers uppipe downpipe i called delta cams and they have cams that will work good for this build maybe some head work so it can breath two more red top injectors my bug is gonna hall ass wants i get a stronger trans i hope to have all of it done by the end of summer i just need sme money lol ill have to dyno it when im done

Yeah the transaxle is the weak link. I wouldn't spend too much money on upgrading the motor, you can get a low mileage ej20g for about 1000$ capable of 280HP with just a tune, exhaust. Some even come with harness and ecu.

Archived