LegacyGT.com

Dashcommand High HP & TQ

wesleyCrowbar

So I did some datalogging on my way to work this morning using Dashcommand and I noticed some rather high numbers for a stock 05 LGT. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed HP numbers peaking close to 300, TQ peaking at nearly 400, and boost peaking at nearly 15psi.

I know Dashcommand polls for commanded values at the crank rather than actually reading them at the wheels, but that seems unusually high. Is it possible my LGT is stage 1 already without me knowing? Accounting for 20-25% drivetrain loss, those numbers seem almost on par with Stage 1 or even Stage 2.

It seems more likely that Dashcommand is just doing something weird, since it doesn't feel like I've got 250/300 and I don't have a downpipe or anything like that. This is just odd, because I've never seen this on any other car where I've used Dashcommand

I've linked to my onedrive since the .csv files Dashcommand puts out are huge for some reason

.csv: http://1drv.ms/1EA80gz

excel: http://1drv.ms/1EA7M9j

26.7 MB. Holy Shit! :o I was going to download that .csv and run it though VD to get another reading, but that's huge. My datalogs for WOT pulls never exceed 10kb. I guess I'm not familliar with dashcommand.

Anyway, that does seem a bit high. Is your vehicle an automatic? That can skew torque numbers I know.

Nope. 5sp. It doesn't make much sense that the file is that large either. I figured there was a bunch of white space inflating the file size but there is none.

There's quite a few dupe columns with different integers for the same input. Not sure what that's about. In any case, it's too much data. Why can't you log with an AP?

Because I don't have one yet. Trying earnestly to get one but everyone seems to be charging 400+ shipping these days

Yeah, not sure where that came from. Stupid assholes keep chiming in on FS threads going, "I got a great deal I paid $375 plus shipping!" and I'm over here like, STFU, they WERE going for $50 less than that, and now you're f*cking that up!

Yep. I'm giving it another week or so of looking before I cave and just get one, price be damned.

Anyway, it seems way more likely that Dashcommand is just wonky but I wanted to get some input from elsewhere. 300/400 is my long term goal for this car, so I was pretty alarmed when I saw those values on my commute to work.

Yeah, not sure where that came from. Stupid assholes keep chiming in on FS threads going, "I got a great deal I paid $375 plus shipping!" and I'm over here like, STFU, they WERE going for $50 less than that, and now you're f*cking that up!

Right? I paid $250 shipped for mine. I think $250-$300 is about the right price with the V3 now available and that should steadily decline just like with the V1 when the V2 came out.

Anyway, in the meantime maybe find someone local with a tactrix that could help you record some logs so you have a more accurate baseline to start with. I've helped some locals with that kind of thing so put out a feeler.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally went stage 1 and did some datalogging. The first 3 knocks are (hopefully?) from almost stalling when I first flashed the map over. The other 2 happened as i went from cruising to WOT in 3rd. Can anything be learned from this log? It was probably a 15min drive. I'll be logging pretty much every drive from now til I don't feel like it anymore.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3d013e857134053a!11703&authkey=!ANjscBVYzxha9KM&ithint=file%2ccsv

Archived