LegacyGT.com

Jazzy Engineering Aux In volume issue

oncesir

I just finished hooking up the Aux in with ground patch cable and rca to headphone adapter all supplied by Jazzy. The volume when using the Aux In is much much lower than the radio and when playing other cds. Is this normal? It basically takes a decent stereo and neuters it.

The other issue is that when I'm using my mp3 player and it's playing music if I switch input to fm or another cd I can still hear what's playing on the mp3 player. Is this normal? I have double checked everything to verify I installed it correctly.

I emailed jazzy about a week ago and have yet to hear back from them. Thanks for any advice.

I have one in my car as well. When I connect my Note3 android phone and play music or a podcast, I have to max the volume on my phone and I still usually run the radio volume a little higher than I would if I had a CD or just plain radio (18-20ish versus 12-14 normally). Not so bad it distorts but enough that I have to remember to turn it down when I switch back. I had to do the same (max the volume) in wife's Highlander with a factory bluetooth setup so I'm assuming this is normal.

The way the Jazzymod works is it intercepts the signal between the cd changer and the radio itself. Apparently the stock radio doesn't stop "listening" to that wire when you switch to the fm radio input, it just powers down the CD changer and assumes there won't be a signal. That's why you can hear it as long as the radio is powered on and your pushing something in via the jazzymod.

Mine is similar but bass is also much lower with the Aux in using my LG g3 Android phone. The radio sounds much better and honestly the fm modulator I had had better bass but was rarely clear. My problem is that I'm picky about the way music sounds. I'm likely going to just save up for the 07-09 audio unit which supposedly sounds better anyway.

Thanks for the input.

I had a Jazzy in my 05 head unit and was happy with the sound quality and volume.

Ensure that all the connections are firmly in place. A partially inserted phono plug would cause the problems you're describing.

I had a Jazzy in my 05 head unit and was happy with the sound quality and volume.

Ensure that all the connections are firmly in place. A partially inserted phono plug would cause the problems you're describing.

Already checked that actually. The rca to headphone adapter had some issues when I first hooked things up so I'll try another. Thanks

Sounds like it might a defective unit or an install issue. I've listened a few albums on my phone via the Jazzymod that I used to have on a CD and I can't tell the difference aside from having to turn the volume up a little more. I've got stock everything in my car regarding speakers and such and I'm not much of audiophile but it sounds fine to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived