LegacyGT.com

steering wheel interchange?

just curious what steering wheels will bolt on to first gen legacy?

I found this in my junk pile, was thinking pull the airbag charge out and see if it will fit. anyone done this? will the horn still work? i disabled the cruise with the turbo swap anyways

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee110/bcmaxx/20150407_094722_zps3nrhlm5r.jpg

Nice find! Airbags make awesome shooting range targets. I stripped mine down to the hockey puck explosive and it was better than tannerite. It was more like a firework going off. with 20ft flames shooting out all directions like a star, it's hard to imagine that going off in your face.

I've experimented with a few, a steering wheel airbag will launch 2 cases of bugwash about 8ft in the air, it will flip a railroad tie end over end. there is a lot of energy inside there.

Instructions on how to set one off pleez! :icon_mrgr Something I want to do with my son.

get a good length of speaker wire (more is better) hopefully you have a pigtail for the connector, if not ,you need the tiny pin terminals , its only two terminals, all it needs to deploy is 12 volts ( or a 9 volt battery) . thats why its so important to disconnect battery when working on steering wheel or airbag stuff! use earplugs, and eye protection. have fun! I used to set of the seatbelt pretensioners as a unit but had a close call, the retractor pin fired right through the shop door like a bullet, so I completely dissasseble them to just the charge haha

Archived