LegacyGT.com

CEL & no compression

My 2012 legacy GT had the same issue three weeks ago. It had a CEL for a cylinder 4 misfire. I took it to the dealer. The engine was running without any noticeable issues except when cold in the morning the idle will be not smooth. They swapped fuel injectors. Problem in the morning got better but came back a few weeks later. Then suddenly while on the highway, the light came on again. This time the engine idle was very rough. Same CEL code. The car is now at the mechanic waiting for the engine to be repaired. The compression tests showed no compression on cylinder 4.

My neighbor also has a 5th Gen Legacy GT. Two weeks ago he had exactly the same problem. Same cylinder. His car is now at the mechanic.

My 2012 legacy GT had the same issue three weeks ago. It had a CEL for a cylinder 4 misfire. I took it to the dealer. The engine was running without any noticeable issues except when cold in the morning the idle will be not smooth. They swapped fuel injectors. Problem in the morning got better but came back a few weeks later. Then suddenly while on the highway, the light came on again. This time the engine idle was very rough. Same CEL code. The car is now at the mechanic waiting for the engine to be repaired. The compression tests showed no compression on cylinder 4.

My neighbor also has a 5th Gen Legacy GT. Two weeks ago he had exactly the same problem. Same cylinder. His car is now at the mechanic.

Sorry to hear. I sold the car two years ago. Now running a '12 Acura TL AWD.

Archived